Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My little man is here
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:58 am 
After being 4 days over-due, and trying everything, I'd finally said let him come on his own1 And that he did!!!!!!!!!!! It was around 3:15 friday morning(23.06.2006) and I woke up to these realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly bad back pains. They were really sharp and started around my lower back and "moved" to my groin. They'd last about a minute or so and came about every 35 minutes. So I didn't really worry too much. Then around 5:30 they started to get really painful and closer together. By then I'd waken up just about everyone in my house with all my yelling, so my dad called the doctor and he said to wait until they were about 10 minutes apart. We finally went to the hospital around 7am. When I got there I was 41/2 cm. By 12:00 I was at 7cm, but my water still hadn't broken, so my doctor went ahead and did that. Which also made the contractions worse. I got an epidural around 1pm and that was like heaven. That lasted a good hour, I got to nap and my best friend stopped by. At 2:30 I started pushing, I thought that after this we'd be smooth sailing and I'd see my baby in no time, but it didn't work like that. I pushed for about 30 minutes and still no baby. My dr wanted to do a c-section, but I really didn't want him to cut, I wanted a natural birth. So we rested for another 30 minutes and tried again. After another hour of pushing, which has got to be the worse pain I've EVER experienced, my baby Daniel finally made his entrance into the world. He weighed in at 8lbs. 6 oz. and 19ins. He has a head full of hair and the deepest brown eyes. I am truly IN LOVE!!!!! After all that happened, I'd have to say holding him made it all worth it. :pinkheart :)