Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:45 pm 

My son has hit the rapid development phase. I seem to remember this same thing happening with my daughter at the same age.

In the past week, my seven-month-old son has:

-Gone from belly crawling to crawling on his hands-and-knees (a few days ago)
-Learned to sit up on his own (a few days ago)
-Sprouted his first two teeth (two nights ago)
-Learned to feed himself finger food (TODAY)

The kid will be doing calculus by March at this rate. It's nuts!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:59 pm 
lol, well congrads on all the neat and memeorable milestones!!! i cant wait till im there and i can see it all happening!! :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:00 pm 

Thanks .. it's a shame the teeth are making him (and me) too crabby to enjoy it all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:59 pm 
awwww poor baby!!! yea, i imagine the teeth would make ya crabby.. hope all goes well though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:40 pm 

Woohoo!!!! Yeah!!!! COngratulations!!!
You can't see but I am applauding as I am typing this. That is great. All very exciting stuff. You do know what this means though right? Soon he will no longer be a baby. He's VERY close to becoming a big boy. Time for baby number 3. BATTER UP!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:26 pm 

jenna103 wrote:
Time for baby number 3. BATTER UP!!!!

Ack!!! Bite your tongue woman!!! We'll have none of that sort of talk around here. Two non-sleeping babies are enough for me, thankyouverymuch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:28 pm 

UPDATE:
THE BOY PULLED HIMSELF UP ALL THE WAY TODAY! I'm so proud. He looks so funny standing up. We went back and figured out when my daughter pulled herself up and he did it exactly two days earlier. Funny how close they are in their milestones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:09 am 

I guess when baby's are up at night it's hard to.......................get up to the plate??? LOL!!
Wow he pulled himself up? How old is he again Steve?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:06 pm 

That's great!! But more work for you! Well, I guess you already have the house baby-proofed.

He sounds like my son. We have a picture of Alex standing in his crib at 7 months....we couldn't believe it. We had to write his age on the picture. And like your son, he was also crawling at 7 months, and sitting on his own at 6 months.
But, unfortunately he got his first tooth at 5 1/2 months....so lots of crankiness.

Maybe he'll be an early talker like Hannah! Wasn't Hannah talking at 14 months?! I remember hearing a sound clip/video clip of Hannah talking at 14 months, it was unbelievable!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:33 pm 

I think Payton may cut a tooth soon but as far as everything else she's not even close. She HATES sitting or trying to sit and she gets angry during tummy time. Is there any milestones she can reach while in my arms or sleeping???? Although yesterday we did see her get jealous and then...........well basically pissed off. Are there such thing as milestone emotions?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:02 am 

jenna103 wrote:
I guess when baby's are up at night it's hard to.......................get up to the plate??? LOL!!
Wow he pulled himself up? How old is he again Steve?

Oh we step up to the plate .. we're just wearing plenty of protective equipment so the ball couldn't possibly get PAST the plate!

Jackson turned seven months old last week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:14 am 

Nikki wrote:
That's great!! But more work for you! Well, I guess you already have the house baby-proofed.

Oh no .. not really. We moved a month before the little guy was born and don't have to babyproof much for my daughter. So ... we get to do it all over again! I just put the gate at the top of the stairs yesterday. It's hideous.

Nikki wrote:
Maybe he'll be an early talker like Hannah! Wasn't Hannah talking at 14 months?! I remember hearing a sound clip/video clip of Hannah talking at 14 months, it was unbelievable!

darn, woman! You have a helluva memory! I searched around and found that clip you were talking about, and sure enough Hannah was about 13.5 months old. She was doing a lot of repeating, saying ball, duck, pee-pee, toes, shoes, mommy, daddy, etc. She knew a lot of words at that point. It's funny with her, though. It wasn't so much how early she talked, it was how quickly she picked it up. I have a clip of her singing all of rock-a-bye baby at less than two years old.

We'll see if Jack can do that as early. I understand that boys normally take longer to learn to talk. For now, it's pretty amazing what he's doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:27 am 

LOL!! Got you steve. We know exactly what you are talking about. We need a little break too from the world series of babies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:29 am 

We'll see if Jack can do that as early. I understand that boys normally take longer to learn to talk. For now, it's pretty amazing what he's doing.

Not always steve. My son was talking (not full sentances) at a year. Doctor agreed that was early. But he was a late walker and usually it's one or the other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:04 pm 

Hey,

I said I was going to give the message boards a bit of a rest...but here I am again....it's a bit addictive.

Steve- Yes, I do have quite a memory when it comes to that stuff, with other things the memory is not so great :lol:

My son Alex seemed to be a bit of a late talker, but early with his sitting,crawling, walking, etc. He now at 2 can basically talk complete sentences, and his vocabulary is amazing but it's the way he pronounces words that is still a bit of a problem. And boy does he ever get upset if I don't understand him.