Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:22 pm 

Hello Everyone. My name is Angel Vespa and I am 15 years old and 20 weeks pregnant. I'm just looking for support and people to talk to that understand. Here is my story (sorry it is so long):
I knew a boy named Daniel who went to my church. A friend of mine had been telling me he liked me and she gave me his screenname and phone number. I was reluctant to start a new relationship because I had just gotten over a bad break-up. About a week later I found out that my twin sister, Hope was pregnant. I was disgusted by this and promised myself that I would never end up like her. I was too in love with what I had going for me-a performing arts scholarship, a great reputatation, etc. Eventually I decided to give Daniel a chance. On our first date, I fell in love with his wonderful personality. He really knew how to make a girl feel like a princess! I got in to my house floating on a cloud. Daniel and my relationship blossomed in the next month. Even though he was a year and a grade older, we still saw each other every day (mostly at my house). You see my mom commited suicide and didn't care about us anyways. She was a druggie and a loser so my dad divorced her for our own good. My dad is a traveling business man, so I rarely see him and most of the time my sister and I have the house to ourselves. Daniel would come over and cook dinner, etc. One Sunday over Christmas break, I was too tired of always being alone, so when Daniel called, I was ready. He invited me over and told me that his parents said it was okay that I was over while they were gone. He picked me up and we got to his houose. We popped some popcorn and went up to Daniel's room. We got through about 40 minutes of Shallow Hal, when all of a sudden Daniel paused the movie. He reached over and put his arm around me and for the first time, he told me he loved me...really truly loved me. We kissed...and eventually the kissing got too far. It was my very first time ever going any farther than a slight peck on the lips. I remember not feeling guilty until a day later. Then it hit me...consequences follow unprotected sex. I immediately freaked out and took a test. The first one was negative, but then the next day I took two more and they both said positive. I called a doctor and got in for a blood test. It proved it...I was pregnant. I told my dad over the phone and when he got home he immediatly jumped to conclusions. He insisted that my boyfriend had raped me. I told him he hadn't and that even after I talked to Daniel about being pregnant, he panicked but did not break up with me unlike my sister's boyfriend. Later, I went back for my check-up, and since I have previous eating disorders, the doctor told me that I was high-risk. I took an amneosytesis and that determined that I was having twins, one girl, one boy. We decided to name them Desiree Janyce and Dayton Joseph. My dad looked up marriage laws and discovered that if you are 15 you can get married if you have a counselor and parents signature. On February 22, my 15th birthday, my father had Daniel and I married. About a week later we moved from our comfortable Manteca homes to a new 3 bedroom 2 bath apartment in Dublin California...just me and Daniel. Now Daniel's 16th birthday is coming up and he will soon have his driver's license. I am eating like a cow and have the weight to show it.
So if anyone is willing to talk to and talk to a troubled pregnant teen, my AOL Instant Messager Screen Name is XxLoVexiSxrEaLxX.

Post subject: MY STORY
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:11 pm 

When I was about your age (16), I got pregnant while dating a boy 5 years older. Against my parent's wishes, we got married. I stayed married to him for 12 years and had a girl and boy. He was emotionally abusive to me and the kids. We are divorced and I have been remarried to a wonderful man who is a wonderful dad to our children (mine and his) for 11 years. Life works out. Just always say to yourself "it will all work out". Keep strong for yourself and the kids. School is so important. If you cannot find a way to keep giong, please get your GED as soon as possible. While you are pregnant, talk to agencies that can help the two of you with your bills and schooling as well as child care. You are young, but you have to take responsibility for yourselves and the children. Remember to take time for you. :!: :!:

Post subject: Thanks for the reply!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:01 pm 

I'm planning on returning to school as soon as I feel ready enough to leave my babies. I will get my high school degree and then I'm going to become a stay at home mom and I want to write a book in my spare time. Daniel is very supportive and I know he'll be a great dad. I'm very nervous but I know that I can make it!
ANGEL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:03 pm 

I wanted to let you know to try to look into alternitive schools they are for preg. and troubled teens. you go at your own pace and you can graduate a lot sooner. most of them have a day care in the school.good luck with the babys

Post subject: Alternative Schools
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:43 pm 

Yea I've looked in to them but they don't have any near me so I'm still not sure what I'll do. I'm thinking about internet courses but I don't know yet...
ANGEL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:31 pm 

Hi, my name is Vicky. I'm 17 and pregnant. My story is a lot like yours Angel. My husband and I went against the wishes of my parents and got married for the good of the baby. We're currently in the process of moving. I really have no one to talk to and thought maybe we could talk to eachother. My AIM sn is xViper3x. IM me sometime

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:43 pm 

Hey sweetie!! I just wanted to tell you good luck!! Please, try your best to stay in school! It is very valuable and fun. Don't worry... your dad will come around to accept the marriage. Just give him time he is probably really hurt because you are his "little girl!" Just remember after you have the baby the year after is the easiest time to get pregnant. So be VERY CAREFUL! I am fixing to graduate 5-21-04 and my baby girl is due 8-29-04... I am going to have her, stay at home with her for a while, and then go to a local college to get a degree in early childhood development. So don't worry or forget that after you graduate and spend time with your babies, you always have the chance to go to college or go further in life if you want to. Good luck on your babies, marriage, book and everything life throws at you. Remember, with God all things are possible. Just don't forget that you also got to keep a great friendship and bond with Daniel before and after the babies get here to keep your relationship happy and fun. It may be a little harder being young.

GOD BLESS YOU! :D