Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: my surgery..
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:13 pm 
well ladies... my surgery is scheduled for march 18th (friday) for 9 am... so ill be gone for a few days... wish me luck.. im scared,, the waiting sucks
theyre gonne cut me the way they do 4 a cecerean :(:(:(:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:38 am 
We will be thinking about you and will miss you while your gone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:45 am 

Hey hun I know exactly how you are feeling right now but if it's like a c section then trust me when I say it's really not that bad! Sure it will be hard to stand up and walk at first and it will be really hard to use your stomach muscles (I hope you have strong arms! You'll see what I mean lol :D ) But you will get through it! I wish you lots of luck and I hope that you have as great of a recovery as I'm having! You'll get alot more rest than if it was a c section too b/c they wont be waking you up every 4 hours to feed your baby LOL! I know everything will go great and you will be up and around in no time! And I will definately be thinking of you on the 18th! We'll miss you!

HUGS!

Kayla :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:09 pm 

I lnow it's scary but after this you won't have to worry about it. It's a one day procedure right? So that night you wil be home and the baby will be smiling at you. You'll feel all better

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:54 am 
i actually have to be in the hospital for 2-3 days
it sucks! they said if i can, pee, fart, eat, walk and cough i can go home the 2nd day :(:( gunna miss my baby!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:23 pm 

Good luck and I hope everything goes well and you can leave that second day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:34 pm 

Hope you a safe and speedy recovery from your operation.
I haven't been here for a few days....just too busy and we're all sick right now so I probably missed your post where you mentioned about it.
If you don't mind me asking, what is the op. for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:49 pm 
i have a cyst on my left ovary the size of a newborn babys head.. it is solid, so they cant do a laproscopy, so they have to cut me like the do for a cecerean. they are gonna take the cyst, ovary and tube, and if there is anything else wrong and other stuff needs to come out, they will take it then too :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:24 pm 

Nikki how is everyone feeling by you? Better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:54 pm 

Alex still has the sniffles....runny nose and cough and he's been waking up every night calling for us and he wants me to sleep with him. I'm also not feeling the greatest plus I've been working quite a bit and I just feel so tired all the time with Alex waking up and trying to skip his naps.

He is actually sleeping right at this moment. But I had to lay with him in his bed for 10 min before he fell asleep....if I don't, he won't sleep...so I'm torn with what to do. I've had these bags under my eyes for the last two days..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:32 pm 

Ugh it's hard when they don't feel good. I would give him another week and he should feel better and get back to his routine. I guess in the meantime a little cover up goes a long way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:33 pm 
wow nikki, i hope everything evens out soon! i know im no expert on toddlers or older children for that matter, but would giving him like an hour or so of quiet time help with him falling asleep without you? or is he oing this because he is sick and wants his momma?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:02 pm 

We do the whole quiet time and bedtime routine thing and have been doing it since he was a baby and it's always helped him develop healthy sleep habits.
But we bought him a new bed about a month ago and rearranged his furniture in his room so that was a big change for him. Then he got a cold and was very clingy with me. I just hope things get better. He's not sleeping very well these past few weeks and it's totally draining me.
He is also going through a real "mommy" stage where he wants only me to do stuff for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:27 pm 

You know Mikey is doing that too. I just thought he was having issues with my husband I didn't know it was a regular stage