Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:44 am 

Hi All
Just wondered if anybody has heard of any herbs or anything similar I can take that might aid conception, I'm getting really depressed with all this waiting and as well as that our sex life is more like a daily chore with trying to keep to right temps , first thing in the morning etc etc. I read that Robintussin (The cough medicine) works wonders , well i've tried to no avail. Any advice at all would be great.

Jen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:53 pm 

Hi Jen. robitussin is recommended for women who are TTC. There are several different types though. Make sure you are taking the one with only guaifenesin in it. the effect of it is thinning cervical mucous so that the sperm don't have to fight so hard to get through to the egg. The way i was told was to take 1 tablespoon once a day. Try to time it so that when you take it everyday you will be taking it about and hour and a half before you do the dance. Everyday even if you aren't doing the dance that day.

I wish i could be of more help but i just don't remember everything. I read a book a few years ago about how to conceive. I got it at Books-A-Million. I am sure they would still have it or other books that would be helpful.