Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Need information on IUI
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:29 pm 
Hello ladies, I haven't been here in a "few" months. Found I was a bit addicted to it and thought it would be better to stay away. To my amazement my RE suggested I get back on and chat a bit. I just had an IUI Tuesday. I have been cramping since. The cramping is up around my bellybutton (off to the side of it) but it is just THERE! How will I know if this took? I am so excited. Today though, my face was broke out with pimples so I dunno. How do I gewt through the two week wait....Hey Amelia, missed ya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:37 am 

Well helllloooo there sweetie - geees, I was wondering where you had disappeared to!

Can't help with the IUI. I am at the hospital on 13th Jan and I am hoping that they will do IUI for me too! How was it - what did they do - how long did it take - was it painful?

So many questions.

Good to hear from you sweetie and the very best of luck that IUI number one does the trick :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:37 pm 

Oh HI KIM!!! :D
Im so pleased to see you here - you have no idea how many times I wondered how you were doing.
Sometimes people do have to give themselves space from the boards - it can just be all too consuming sometimes when TTC can be bad enough - but hey Im so glad your back :D

So excited for you about the IUI - I hope this is the one for you :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:56 pm 
It does not hurt when they do it. They use a speculum (spelling??) like when you get your "annual" exam done. Insert it, then use a small catheder and a syringe and insert it thru the speculum to place your dh's "fellas" nest to your eggs. After it was done, I cramped for pry. 4 days. Saturday night I had to take a percocet because they gave me the pain meds incase of pain and I think a egg released late or something cuz I couldn't move for a half hour. All in all it was a quick painless procedure. Just relax (Heard that lately?) Now, we are in the 2ww. I hate it! My husband isn't the problem, its my eggs. I am 38 and they are getting old and diminishing. HAS ANYONE DONE THIS PROCEDURE AND GOTTEN LUCKY. I would really appreciate some feedback. Oh, good to see you here too Riki.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:51 am 

Kim

Ayla had it done - she can give you info on it - round 3 did the job - pregnant with twins!

Sounds similar to a HSG which I have had. They told me to 'relax' HA - yes I have heard that many a time - but relaxing did work. It was pain free but boy did I have cramps for a few hours later.

Best of luck during this 2ww!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:14 pm 
wHAT IS AN hsg?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:54 am 

It is a (sorry not sure on spelling) Hysterosalpingogram.

Basically - they fit a cafeter to you, then thread a small tube through your cervix and attach it to the felopean tubes. They then insert dye into the tubes and monitor it on an xray machine. If the dye comes out of the bottom of your tubes then your tubes are clear - if it doesn't it means your tubes are blocked and you will probably have to have a laparoscopy (a small op to clear the tubes). Happy to say mine were clear but still no baby - bummer.

Hope that helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:31 pm 
One RE in the office wanted to do the HSG but we waited for our regular RE and he dosn't think we need to do it. 7 days to go....2pimples :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:48 am 

HA HA HA HA

7 days to go and 2 pimples - wow - can we play join the dots in 7 days time then :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:52 am 

By the way Kim - again - wishing you all the best that af doesn't show. Pregnancy hormones can cause lots of pimples - so if you get more than you normally do - let us hope it's a BFP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:06 pm 
LOL that was too funny Amelia. Thank Goodness it is not a hormonal day or I would be crying haha. By the way, the one pimple is GROWING. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:09 am 

OMG NO!!!!!!!

Has is started to pulsate yet???????? Is it nearing time to errupt??? Just want to make sure I'm not facing you when it decides to blow! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:08 pm 
HAHAHA Thanks for the humor dear