All times are UTC - 5 hours

should i do the clomid or wait another month and see what happens
Poll ended at Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:15 pm
yes clomid 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
no clomid, wait and see 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1
 Post subject: need some help please
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:15 pm 

hey girls okay this might be long but i need some help and opinions please. okay i had my son march 21, 2005. in the hospital i recieved the depo provera shot. and i bled for 4 months straight. so i recieved the nuvaring which stopped the bleeding and i did 2 cycles of that. i stopped everything cause we did want our children close together and i wanted to start charting and getting everything ready so that we didn't have any difficulties like with our son. it took us 2 months to concieve with our son i had the normal 28 by the book cycles but ever since the birth control. i have usually 15 day cycles which is too short and have not ovulated. except for last month i had a 21 day cycle which is okay but i still did not ovulate. i am wondering if any of you have had a similar expierence and what did you end up doing. or any opinions. i have heard of clomid any information on that????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:05 pm 

i took the depo prevo and it took almost three years to have a period that shot is horrible. but any ways have you disscused any thing with you doc yet talk it over with them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:04 pm 

i don't have a problem with getting my period my problem is not ovulating. after i got the shot i bled for 4 months straight and so they put me on nuvaring which stopped that and i did 2 cycles of that but then i stopped cause we want our children close and that was 6 months ago or well it will be 6 months this month and i talked to the doctor and they said that my body doesn't do well with birthcontrol and that it could take 6 months so basically they told me to wait til april and see what happens and that if i still havent' ovulated that i could come in and they would give me a shot that would make me ovulate and then i have seen the clomid so i was wondering about that. i am not sure i am trying to find some information before i go back. yes that is a HORRIBLE shot i don't reccomind it at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:08 pm 

that promtriem makes u ovulate that was why my doctor put me on it she said just cause i bleed dosent mean it is acutlly a period thats just the lining of your uteres is disgarding and she new this because my periods were so light but very dark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:30 pm 

Everything i have read about Depro and TTC is bad. One shot can stop you ovulating for years. It has nothing to do with wehter you ar egetting your period or not. It stops the Oing. That wasn't a wise choice to go on if you wanted kids close together. Did you discuss it with your DR? I don't know antyhing about the nuva ring, but my guess is that you are having problems because of the shot.

I wouldn't try clomid until after a year of trying, and mmost Dr.s won't even consider until you have tire for at least six motnhs, and then they usually have you try another 6 before putting you on it. It isn't unusual for a couple to try for nine motnhs before conceiving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:33 pm 

this month will be 6 months. any suggestions on what i should do. no it wasn't smart and i was unaware of this at the time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:51 pm 

Hi! I'm on clomid,and I just want to know,have you had any blood tests done to confirm whether or not you are ovulating? DH and I have been trying for 15 months now and I know where your coming from,there are some great sites on the net that will tell you more about clomid and I would suggest you google them and find out more info.about it,do you know it increases the chances of multiples? I think that clomid is a good idea if you have the tests,although if your doctor is suggesting the injectables ,they can be more reliable. Good luck with whatever you choose,you can pm me if you want to talk about clomid some more :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:40 pm 

Do you have an appointment scheduled with your Dr. yet. If so go then, and you can talk about the options. I don't know if clomid will be right for you. I wopuld guess they wouldn't put you on it yet, but they might. I'm no exoert. I know on the old board that I used to belong to, that everyone who did use it, had twins. ( It was only a couple that got PG while I was there)
So I would probaly jsut go with what your Dr. thinks is right for you at this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:57 pm 

yeah i know about the multiples possibility i don't know if you have seen it on t.v. but i watch all those baby shows i have since i was preg. with my son anyways this girl got preg. with 5!!!!!!!!!!! on clomid. i am not sure. i don't have a app. because they were telling me to wait til april and if i still haven't then i should make an app. and see whats up. cause this month will be the sixth month.