Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Needing some support
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:38 am 

Hello,

I am new to this site and I am 13 days late, and am scheduled for a blood test on Tuesday. I have taken a couple of HPT's that came up negative, but I had a partial faint line(very light pink) this morning. I didn't test positive with my first child until I was 14 or 15 days late, so I'm not really worried, but I guess you just let yourself get attached to the idea (BTW this is a total surprise, we weren't trying to conceive)
Both of our families are acting like we are too stupid to know how to prevent a pregnancy, so sadly, I have to go to a message board to get some support.
I'm just hoping there are some people that I can experience this pregnancy with.

Thanks,
K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:08 pm 

I am another one that my test take longer than they should to show up, so that when i thought I was pg with no. 4 I waited until I was just about 4 weeks late, that was also due to being disappointed & spending a fair bit on pg tests - it was postive. Your famililies are more than likely shocked like yourselve but they will get over it & they should also know that even the most careful couple can still be surprised by an unplaned arrival. Nothing in life is 100% guaranteed.
Give them time & I'm sure they will adore & pamper your little one when it arrives. Enjoy being pregnant dont let anyone bring you down.

Post subject: RE:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:27 pm 

Thank you so much for responding. I appreciate the moral support. I went to the doctor today (14days late) and the urine test came back negative. They did a blood test, and will have the results tomorrow.
I feel pregnant, but that negative just threw a little doubt in there.
I did find out today that my mother tested neg with my youngest sister until she was about 2 1/2 months late, so maybe that's the reason it's happening to me.
Yes, it was unplanned by me, but very obviously God planned this, so we are very excited.
I will keep you posted on what I find out tomorrow!