Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:15 pm 

Please Help!! I don't know what's going on with me. I stopped taking my birth control in May, because I didn't get my period on the last cycle of my pills. On the day I was suppose to get my period, I had light brown-reddish spotting that only lasted a day. I immediately got of the pill, thinking I may be pregnant. I have been on birth control for the last five years now, but i just recently switched from Ortho-Tricyclen to Ortho-Tricyclen Lo in December. I have been getting symptoms such as: nauseated (more at night), fatigue, body ache. About 2 weeks after I stopped taking my birth control, I had light bleeding for a couple of days. This was the beginning of May. I still haven't gotten my period yet. I have taken 2 home pregnancy tests, and I recently took one at the doctors yesterday (all came back negative). I was told to come back in 2 weeks if I dont get my period.. PLEASE HELP!! I NEED ADVICE!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:21 pm 

Firstly, taking birth control while pregnant does not harm the baby. My Doctor told me that when I called to set up a test. I was curious, but he told me to continue taking it. For future reference if you are not pregnant :)

When I was on the pill, I got really light periods. Much like the one you described having last. As for the light bleeding you had a few weeks after you got off the pill, that was also normal. It's hard to explain. But, after you have already you your period on the pill ( the light spotting) after you get off the pill a few weeks later you will have light spotting. I used to do it all the time. ( I had to get on and off my pill alot, because my Doctors were trying to find out what was making me so sick...turns out it was the pill :) )

There is a chance you could be pregnant. When was the last time you had had sex?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:34 pm 

I probably had sex about a week ago. I can't tell my boyfriend how I am feeling, because I don't want to alarm him (unless I know for sure). I haven't had a period the whole month of June, and my last period was at the beginning of May or end of April. I've always been regular, on and off the pill. I don't know why I'm not regular now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:44 pm 

If you have taken two tests on your own and one at the doctor's and they all came out negative, obviously, you are not pregnant. Did they do bloodwork at the doc's, or just a urine test?

I would wait and retest in a week or so and if you are still testing negative, get bloodwork done to confirm you truly are negative. Then talk with your doc about your irregularity without the pill, and get back on it. Once you get back on it you should be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:11 pm 
I know exactly what you are going through. I recently stopped taking the pill as well and didn't get my period on time either. Not to worry, my doctor informed me that it may take a few months to get a period again. It's just your body trying to get it's hormones back in order. I really wouldn't worry about it although I certainly understand why you would. Just try to relax and stop thinking about it (I know, easier said then done) it will come. Hope this helps.........:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:00 pm 

Thanks to everyone who replied! I know I shouldn't worry too much about it, but I think it's because I completely stopped having my period while I was on birth control for the first time in five years. This has never happened to me before, even when I have stopped for a few months. I was always regular. Something feels different this time. I definitely have the pregnant symptoms, but with negative tests. I've heard some women can continue to have negative pregnancy tests even after they are pregant. Is that true? I'm still waiting to see if I get my period, and if I don't - I'll definitely be making a trip to the doctors for a blood test. How long does it normally take to get results back from a blood test?

Thankyou again!

kimmie_0903

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:09 am 

I was a little over 2 1/2 weeks over due before I had a positive result with my son. I took one a few days after I was late and it came back negative so I figured I wasn't only to find out 2 weeks later that I was. Hope you get the results you want. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:22 am 

Thankyou.. I'm going to wait a couple weeks before taking another test. I really don't think that my period is coming anytime soon, so I'll just have to wait and see. It's hard not to think about it or worry about it, but I'll definitely try my best to keep my mind off of it. I still feel sick.. I always feel sick after I get done eating. I've been getting headaches more than usual, and I've been getting dizzy a lot. All these signs keep making me think that I might be pregnant. Who knows!?!? I need to take a vacation :lol: