Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Nervous abut labor
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:54 am 

I know this is my third child but I am still nervous about labor. Is this normal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:35 pm 

Hi,

I know how you feel. I am only four weeks pregnant and I'm already thinking about my labour....mainly that I'm not too sure I want another c-sec. I had a very bad labour experience.....epidural didn't work, nurse forgot to put a catheter in, I initially felt them cut into me when they decided to do an emerg c-sec, etc, etc. So you can see why I would be nervous!!!

I'm also wondering how in the world I'm going to handle having a baby and an almost three year old around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:10 am 

I think it is natural to be nervous about the labour no matter how many children u gave had. I have two children and we plan to have another next year and I some panic a little at the thought of the labour. Just think of the little baby at the end of it all. There are lots of different pain relief available and other ways to control and deal with the pain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:14 pm 

I think if we weren't nervous about labor there would really be something wrong with is. Common we know that there is going to be pain involved and for alot of us ladies long lengths of time. With my first I was in labor for 49 hours and 53 mins and I am hoping that I can have at least half the labor this time. So i think that it is perfectly normal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:50 pm 

I am always frightened about delivery and say I'm not doing it again, but then you see your precious child and think it was so worth it. However I think I can handle only 1 more c-section. I would've loved to experience a vaginal birth though. Nikki, I too wondered how it would be with my 1st turning 2yrs a couple days after my delivery and a new baby. I thought it would be a challenge, but it was easy. I bought a double stroller and that made outings easier. The only thing about the ages is there was A LOT of diapers at first. Thank goodness she is potty training already. With my next I will wait a bit longer so hopefully I will just have one in diapers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:09 pm 

My son will be almost three by the time the baby is born so hopefully it won't be too bad. We are trying desparately to get him potty trained....some days he does well and other days he doesn't want to go near it. He is also still in his crib.....we're going to introduce him to a new twin bed in the new year after the holidays so he has plenty of time to get used to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:57 pm 

Nikki that is about the age range of this baby and my second one. My baby is due in March and he will be three in June. We are trying to potty train him to but it is hard. The doctor told me he might regress because he know I have another one on the way. My oldest one will be 9 by the time the baby comes

Oh and thanks to everyone for their responses. It helps a lot to know I am not the only that feels like this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:24 am 

I'm nervous too. This is my first baby carried to term. I can't believe that I am going to be one of those women that I watch on TV. It seems strange that I am actually going to a hospital to have a baby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:03 am 

I'm 18 and really scared of goig through labor! And I am due soon! Is it really as bad as everyone says?? I'm not too good with pain :( so I'm planning on getting an epidural. But my mother had c-sections for all four of her kids so I'm worried that I might have to too! That REALLY freaks me out! Having a slit cut through my stomach??? GOD!