Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New foods
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:36 am 
I thought it might be fun if our baby trys something new to share! We have a few who are now doing "table food" and I am finding it to be so fun!!! So share away if you tried something new and how they liked it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:36 am 
Lily had a pickle the other day. My DH started to give it to her (one cut like you would put on a hamburger) and I thought she would hate it, but she LOVED it. We trimmed the peel off so it was just the soft part and she ate the whole thing! I was very suprised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:40 am 

We went to my mom's for dinner yesterday. She had a houseful and made whipped sweet potatoes. I wouldn't even say mashed cause they were so smooth so I'll call them whipped. All she put in there was a bit of butter. Well Miss payton had two baby bowls FULL. We loved it. Then we were laughing cause she actually took a nap at my mom's in the bed. Two things she never does. Everyone was teasing it was because she was so full from eating a pound and a half of sweet potatoes. She got up during dessert. Her daddy shared a dounut with her. LOL!! She LOVED it. Every time he put apiece by her mouth she would get so excited and scream and flare around. It was so funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:05 pm 
ymmmmm...donuts!!! Lily loves cake frosting! She goes crazy for it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:47 pm 

So, am I being totally neurotic because I am not giving Jacob anything with sugar or butter like potatoes and frosting??? Not that I am against it, I just never even thought about giving him food like that...although he has had tangerine and rasberry popsicles (sugar free of course :oops: ) Maybe we need to start branching out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:37 pm 
I don't give Lily very much at all. Just a little taste from my fingertip. Tonight she gets to play in sugarfree jello though! She had some at a Chinese buffet we went to and had so much fun making a mess so I bought some. I think she will do much more playing than eating. She liked the feel of it through her fingers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:27 pm 

I'm the sameway. I just give a bit on the finger. Although the sweet potatoes she had a lot of. But that was just a little butter in a big pot of potatoes. So it wasn't alot.
Even Mikey I don't give him a lot of sweet. Ice crema is his big thing. But I don't give him liek choclate bars or candy or anything like that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:15 pm 

You ladies obviously don't have a husband who completely disregards what you tell him about what to and what not to feed your children!!! Lucky you!! I didn't want my daughter to have sweets-except on specail occasions maybe. But my husband has now turned her into a sweet tooth. He gives her cookies, candy, donuts, cake...you name it. I could pull my hair out! Well, HIS actually! Luckily she still loves fruits and veggies. I'm really trying to keep him from giving her pop (soda) but I know he's snuck that to her when I haven't been around. Obviously, I don't want him watching her all day when I'm not there. Shame huh? He's a good dad except for this major flaw!
The pickle is an interesting idea. My daughter has never had one. I'll have to give her one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:52 pm 

wow! I didn't realize we could give them foods like that! I only give Justin babyfood, with the exception of the occasional something on my finger. I didn't even think to give him anything else, just the stuff from the jar. Maybe I should try some other stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:58 pm 
They have to learn sometimes, just educate yourself the things you should not give your baby yet like egg whites, nuts, ect. and have fun! Lily eats like a champ now, we moved onto stage 2 foods about 2 weeks ago. She is always grabbing for what we have, there is no hiding it so I just let her have a taste :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:59 pm 

It's funny I never said Mikey couldn't have junk. I mean it's in the cabinet when he helps himself to a snack. But I think because I don't make an issue of him not having it, he doesn't want it. Did that make sense?
Well, I better get tallulla. She's a screamin'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:51 pm 
Lily tried to attack my tacos last night! I was sitting on the florr watching her and she saw them and made a b-line for my plate! I sat up on the couch and she started crawling up my leg! I finally had to give in and give her a piece of cheese! My little girl likes food just as much as her mommy! I ran for the fruit puffs after that since she was NOT going to have a taco!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:25 pm 

Did she eat the fruit puff or did she still want the taco?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:29 pm 
She ate the fruit puff but would grab for the taco when she wanted more! We had tacos for leftovers tonight so I hid them from her and brought the container of fruit puffs with me. She went crazy when she saw the container. It amazes me that she knows that there is food in it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:46 pm 

SHe is really advanced for her age.