Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New Here
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:11 pm 

Hi all,

My husband and I got married 2 months ago and are trying to get pregnant with our first of hopefully many children. I was put on the Depo shot before we got married, and so now doctors are now telling us that don't even bother trying until at least May. This is discouraging because I love my husband soo much and am desperately wanting to carry his child. We both love kids, and are now ready to start a family. I guess, I am just not the most patient person in the world.

We are both non-traditional college students and are currently taking a sexuality class. I know, dont laugh. Anyways, We have been taught in there that if you can monitor your periods then exactually 14 days before the day of your first period is ovulation day. That people can have 28 day cycles and can have cycles that are longer or shorter then the standard 28 day cycle. It really doesn't matter how long your cycle is, as it is figuring out the 14th day before your period.

I was told old wife's tales of it is 14 days after your first day of period. Since this class I am not sure what to think anymore.

I guess being an impatient person and a computer analysis student, I just wish I could figure out the exact things to do or not do, just so I can be able to get pregnant with our first child.

Any advise or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

~ Newlywed Miley

Last edited by Miley_Newlyweds on Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:31 pm 

Hello my name is mandy and 4 monyhs pregnant I was on the depo shot and it took me about 6 months before I had a period I wish you both the best of luck and YOU both will have a baby soon.. be patient it will happen. :D