Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New Mommy
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:12 am 

Hello. I am a young mom to 12week Chloe. I would really like a older mom or someone to talk to about stuff. It feels as though my relationship is suffering

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:23 pm 

Hello! I'm not an older mom, I'm only 20 years old, but I have a 19 month old daughter, and I'm here if you need to talk :) What do you mean your relasionship is suffering? With your daughter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:06 am 

nope with my fiancee. email me when you get a chance. kaylas@telkomsa.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:51 pm 
im 23 y.o. and i have a 2 week old baby girl named Kylie. I know exactly what you mean i'm having trouble with my fiancee too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:19 am 
Hi, I have a two week old baby boy called Ashley. Even my partner and I are having difficulties, but am sure he will just need time to adjust to fatherhood. What exactly is the problem??? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:33 pm 
My relationship is over and I'm real tore up about it. He did a 180 once the baby was born :cry: :cry: :cry:
He didn't want to live together, he stopped talking to me and everything.

Post subject: ANYTIME
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:54 am 

YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO IM OR EMAIL ANYTIME YOU'D LIKE! I AM AN OLDER MOMMY GOING ON MY 5TH BABY..... I DO KNOW A LIL ABOUT HAVING BABIES! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:23 pm 

My fiance' and I also have been going through a very difficult time. We're both so stressed out over just about everything (especially all the crying) that all we usually do is argue. I think it definitely reflects on our son since it's usually in front of him. I get so angry because he doesn't get up with our son at night for feedings. I feel like the mother does it all!!! I never get a break and he always seems to because of his work hours. I even told a co-worker that had gotten divorced after they had a baby that I could feel us heading there too. We have to work at it so hard that sometimes I just don't have the strength. I wish I could attend one of those mommy groups, but I work full time and there's never the time. Would love the input of some mommies that have been there done that.

Post subject: To FIRST TIME MOMMY
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:14 pm 
Site Admin

I know it can be hard but remember that it is probably hard on your fiance too. Keep in mind for him work might not be a "break" but rather... work. If he is working hard then it is not easy for him to come home and then help out, especially if he is tired and there is fighting.

And keep in mind that men are different and they are not programmed to get up in the middle of the night when a baby cries.

Try to find little ways to have him help you more but don't push it to hard as that will cause him to recoil from being told what to do.

The most important thing is to show him appreciation for whatever he does do, even if you think he is not doing enough. He really craves your appreciation and if he knows you appreciate things that he does for you he will want to do more (and more).

Post subject: Re: New Mommy
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:00 am 

kezy01 wrote:
Hello. I am a young mom to 12week Chloe. I would really like a older mom or someone to talk to about stuff. It feels as though my relationship is suffering

You been a young mom. Here are some cool tips which will help you in parenting -

Patience

The greatest parenting skill that helps in keeping you away from screaming or keeping the baby across the room when he has been crying for a few hours straight. Never downplay your own anxieties if you feel you can’t control your emotions. Everyone has moments where they think they might lose it. If you think you are about to do something dangerous it’s better to call for help immediately.

Sense of humor

Keep laughing through all of it and repeating that it’s short and will end soon, and you’ll be surprised at how quickly diaper changing becomes a mere memory. Parents who are able to laugh when their hands are knuckle deep in a diaper genie are better able to weather the stress of sleepless.

Consistency

There should be consistency in routines. If the daily chores such feeding them, giving naps are performed at same time they will feel more secure and cry less.

Real skills out of a book

As you’re a young mom you need to spent time learning ton of new information and studying small print to build things for your baby or even feed him the right amount of medicine.

Love and affection -

As a part of your parenting, love and affection are most important for new born child as well as child’s development.

For more parenting tips - http://www.greatdad.com/