Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New quiz
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:27 am 
Okay this quiz has ABSOLUTLY NOTHING to do with parenting but I found it very interesting so tell us "What Literary Classic are you?"

http://bluepyramid.org/ia/bquiz.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:27 am 
You're Dune!
by Frank Herbert
You have control over a great wealth of resources, but no one wants to let you have them. You've decided to try to defend yourself, but it may take eons before you really get back what you feel you deserve. Meanwhile you have a cult-like following of minions waiting for your life to progress. This would all be even more exciting if you could just get the sand out of your eyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:12 am 

You're One Hundred Years of Solitude!
by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Lonely and struggling, you've been around for a very long time. Conflict has filled most of your life and torn apart nearly everyone you know. Yet there is something majestic and even epic about your presence in the world. You love life all the more for having seen its decimation. After all, it takes a village.

CREEEEEEPY!

I am going to have friends and family do this! Very Interesting! Thanks for the link!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:03 pm 

THis says I am a fruit loop!!! Why do I let you talk me into these quiz's??? LOL!!

You're The Poisonwood Bible!
by Barbara Kingsolver
Deeply rooted in a religious background, you have since become both isolated and schizophrenic. You were naively sure that your actions would help people, but of course they were resistant to your message and ultimately disaster ensued. Since you can see so many sides of the same issue, you are both wise beyond your years and tied to worthless perspectives. If you were a type of waffle, it would be Belgian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:46 pm 

Where do they come up with these answers. :D

You're Babar the King!
by Jean de Brunhoff
Though your life has been filled with struggle and sadness of late, you're personally doing quite well for yourself. All this success brings responsibility, though, and should not be taken lightly. Life has turned from war to peace, from damage to reconstruction, and this brings a bright new hope for everyone you know. These hopeful people look to you for guidance, and your best advice to them is to watch out for snakes. You're quite fond of the name "Celeste".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:37 pm 

You're Alice's Adventures in Wonderland!
by Lewis Carroll
After stumbling down the wrong turn in life, you've had your mind opened to a number of strange and curious things. As life grows curiouser and curiouser, you have to ask yourself what's real and what's the picture of illusion. Little is coming to your aid in discerning fantasy from fact, but the line between them is so blurry that it's starting not to matter. Be careful around rabbit holes and those who smile to much, and just avoid hat shops altogether.

weird :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:13 am 

You're A Theory of Justice!
by John Rawls
In the beginning, you lived in a town. The town had many problems! Rather than moving, you decided to come up with the idea for the best town ever. Going all the way back to the original position, you created the idea for the best town ever! Lo and behold, the best town ever looked almost identical to the town you lived in. You decided to stay in the town. Now you resent people mistaking your refined thought experiments for "the wall of stupidity" in high school debate rounds.

I am not sure what to make of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:24 pm 

At least it doesn't say you are a fruit loop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:09 pm 
I must admit I laughed a WHOLE LOT when I read yours Jenna!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:28 pm 

Let me get this right first you torture me with these tests and then you laugh at my expense? Great this chat board is a whole lot of fun!!! LOL!!
I notice you are down another pound. YOu go girl!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:30 pm 
Your the best for noticing! Not as much as I wanted to but the weather was not the best last week so there was not as much walking as I would have liked :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:32 pm 

I notive everything. Nothing can slip my me. My husband teases it's cause I'm nosey. LOL!! Once the nicer weather comes it will be so easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:53 pm 

That is great about the weight. I just started going back to the gym. I went on Friday and then again today. 15 minutes on the eliptical and I feel like I am going to die. I used to go 5 days a week. Man, this stuff was so much easier before I had a baby, ha ha. Oh and b/w Friday and today I didn't lose 1 pound, not one! But, I didn't gain any either (which is a good thing I guess considering I went through the weekend and a St. Patty's Day party w/ food on Sat. night). 20 lbs to go... man, that seems like a lot! But, considering I gained 47 w/ Justin, I am more than 1/2 way there, ha ha ha!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:08 am 

27 pounds is good in seven months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:14 am 

Well, kind of. I lost like 15 of it by the time I got home from the hospital. So really it is only 12 pounds in 7 months :(