Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: new to forum
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:34 am 

Hello! My husband and I have been together almost 4 years and married for a year. We have talked a lot lately about babies and we both think we are ready. Some people say that you should wait....but we want to have our children young. We both love kids and we know that when we make that decision to have a baby it will change our lives forever but what do you think? (I will be 23 in April and he is 24.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:03 pm 
Hi, I'm new to the forum as well. Your story is similar to mine. I will be 23 this year, and my hubby is 26. We've been married for over 2 years. Anyways, we went through the same ordeal, trying to decide if a baby was really right for us or not at this point. But we decided to try and here now after 8 months of trying I'm finally 9 weeks pregnant. :D We heard the same scenario from friends and family telling us we are too young, but all in all you have to do what you want to do. Put your priorities first. Only you know what you are ready for. Good luck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:19 pm 

congrats!!!! my husband has changed over the past few months about having a baby because back in november he didn't even want to talk about it but now he is the one bringing it up. I am so happy for you guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:01 pm 
Thank you! I understand what you guys are going through...(well I think I do). :) Some time ago, both my husband and I were on and off again about having a baby. Both of us wanted it more than anything, but we were also scared. It's a really big deal, sometimes we think we can handle the world, while other times we really enjoy not having that kind of responsibility. Men also go through a different mindset than us women do. When we first thought about a baby, my husband was busy figuring out the finances, job situations, home/moving possibilities. He even went as far as talking to our friends with kids and asking them plenty of questions. Anyways, I'm rambilng...let me know if you have any questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:54 pm 

I think if you & your husband are ready, follow your heart. I believe there's never the "proper" time to have a kid. And I don't think it's that young to have a baby. I am 20 and I have a son. I got married when I was 18. People say I was way too young for marriage & a baby, but I personally don't care. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:11 pm 

My husband and I were married for 2 1/2 years by the time my son was born. We weren't that far ahead of you. If you and your hubby are both ready (well, as ready as you can be) I say go for it. The time alone is great, but so is having a family!

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:01 pm 

thanks for responding!!! we have been looking at baby furniture and things and both get so excited! i guess we planning and we shall see where things go!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:52 pm 

wow this is such an exciting time for you guys! having a baby is one of the biggest things you will do in your life,while not the easiest it is one of the most rewarding! to Mrsbuckner may your tcc be short :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:21 pm 

my husband just turned 20 and i will be 21 in april. We got married july 6. We have been married for only 7 months and i am 24 weeks along. I think that you should do it. And not let anyone talk you out of having a baby. My dad thought that i am still too young. But age really doesn't matter. What matters is if you think you are ready. Then we not have a baby. I know that in the last month it has brought me and my husband closer together. And he cannot stop talking about when our daughter Rebbecca is with us and what he is going to do with her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:42 pm 

I think if you both want to start a family then go for it.