Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:50 pm 

I'm Francesca, I'm new, and I'm thinking I'm pregnant. I know you guys can't see into my uterus or anything like that, but I would like opinions. It may be a little ready, so I'll thank you in advance.
My LMP started October 20th. My cycle is usually 28 days so I should have ovulated on November 2nd, but since I don't track temperature and have never had 'egg white like' CM, I can't really be sure exactly when I did ovulate. My period was due yesterday and is a no show, and I have some symptoms of pregnancy and some symptoms that make me go "hmm".
The first thing I noticed are sore breasts, which is not a common symptom of PMS for me. I think they may be a little bit bigger too, not because they look in but because my already pushing it bra is unwearable now.
Up until a few days ago I had very wet CM, and lots of it. However, the past two days I have been almost completely dry.
I had period cramps starting about four days before my period was to start. Today, I have odd twinges in there and some cramping, but it has defineatly lessened.
My cervix was super low yesterday. Normally, I don't run into my cervix, but I was looking for any traces of blood (my period usually starts out really light) and bam, my cervix was there. I don't usually keep track of my cervix, either, but after reading about it I know it's low and hard. It's higher today than it was yesterday.
LASTLY, I took two pregnancy tests yesterday. One was in the morning, not the first morning urine but before noon. It showed a very, very, faint positive line. I can not stress it's faintness, I had to check with a friend to make sure it was there because I thought I might have been imagining it.
The second test was after dinner, and it was clearly negative.
I don't know what to think. Can anyone offer their two cents? Thank you so much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:46 pm 

I cannot stress how important it is to use your very first morning urine. If you are pregnant, it is so very early that you must use your most concentrated urine.

I would suggest testing again with your FIRST pee. It could make all the difference! Are you hopeing that you are pregnant?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:57 pm 

Thanks for your help, Suzanne. I will test again tomorrow as soon as I wake up.
I'm not TTC, but I've always known I want children, so it would be a pleasant surprise. I don't want to make up my mind one way or the other and get too excited because I'm still uncertain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:59 pm 

Please post tomorrow one way or the other! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:13 pm 

You have to test first in the morning like everybody else said although the fact that you had a line even as faint as you said is a good sign!! Look forward to hearing from you.Baby Dust Tracey :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:53 pm 

All your symptoms sound REALLY familiar. I am 16 weeks pregnant now, but i didnt find out right away. When my period was 2 weeks late thats when i decided to go and get a test...the only thing that was different was I had a really dark line and it wasnt my first morning pee. I took the test in the evening. A friend of mine told me that you can have a false negative but you cant have a false positive. I dont know the truth on that but it does make sense to me since those tests measure the amount of pregnancy hormone in your body. I have also been told that a blood test is a lot more accurate than a urine test. If you do turn out to be pregnant, CONGRATS! I will be wishing you the best of luck!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:37 pm 

My rule is a line is a line. Even if it's faint, as long as it has some color and showed up within the time limit it's probably positive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:58 am 

Isabel is right :) - a line is a line is a line no matter how faint!!

The line may be faint to start with especially if you O'd later than usual - it can take a few more days before you can detect the HCG hormone it can also just be the pregnancy test as they all detect different levels, some can only pick up 50mIU/ml of HCG and some as little as 15. So perhaps try with an 'early' detector?

and of course if you are only 'just' pregnant - you must use your morning pee as Suzanne said :)

All the best - dont forget to let us know how it goes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:46 am 

*sigh* I woke up after 7 hours of sleep and tested... negative. Not even the least bit positive in my well-lighted bathroom. My period is still a no show and I still have my sore breasts... though no cramps and not much discharge. My period hasn't come late for years, so I'm confused. Stress usually makes it come early for me, not late. I'm testing with First Response, all three tests because I figured it would detect the lowest amount of hormones. I don't know what to think...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:00 am 

Try not to worry about it and test again in a couple of days when the HCG hormone(if present) will have multiplied a lot more.
If you did ovulate later than usual then it may certainly be a bit yet before you can tell.
Just be happy that AF hasnt showed yet and we will all keep our fingers crossed in the meantime :) In the meantime its the dreaded waiting game......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:19 am 

It is still REALLY early! Please wait another few days, and if AF hasn't reared her ugly head, test again.

Keep us updated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:31 pm 

AF came this morning after I posted. I do have to say I'm dissapointed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:08 pm 

Oh I am SO sorry :( AF never knows sometimes how unwanted she is. Better luck for next month - heaps of Baby Dust to you :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:48 pm 

Thanks, love. I actually wasn't TTC but I was getting really excited... it does seem like a good time for us. We'll see what happens next month :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:03 pm 

Oh I understand exactly how you feel. I was not really TTC this month either but now I can see my temperature is on the rise and have many pregnancy symptoms and the excitement is just too much.
Its amazing how much you realize you want something when you think there is a possibility of it happening hey? :)