Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:52 am 

To all out there, yesterday i went to the doctor and the hospital and had my RH Neg injection and gestational screening done, then to the doctor, The nurse said that I had gained 10lbs, in about 2 weeks, but before that I had lost weight, so about broke even, to go on with the story the nurse listened to the babies heart beat and said that it stood at 160. which she said at this point its normal and is fine, she also mentioned that it sounded like she could be breech, because of where she found the heartbeat at up near my rib cage, then the doctor came in and measured my belly and said that it was at 32-33in. which she said this to me and this is where i would like the readers advise, she said"your stomach measures to big,but your weight gain is fine, which could mean one of 2 things, either or you have too much fluid or you could be having twins". But she was going to wait to do another ultrasound in 2 weeks. hello....at that point i'll be 71/2 months along, couldn't they tell me this earlier on, now keep in mind that this doctor is another doctor who is in the same pratice as my regular doctor, which they said that if he couldn't see me that she would be able too. I really don't feel comfortable with her, i even asked the nurse who scheduled me if I could see my regular doctor, she said no becuase its this doctor who wants to ultrasound done. but when I seen him for the past 2 times he told me that he sure that there's only one. confused, worried, not sure,not prepared. help any like stories would be great to hear from please advise..... :) PS Twins do run in my family and if the legend is true then it would be my turn to have twins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:47 am 
Wow that just does not seem right. I would think they would want to do the ultrasound sooner. The only thing I would suggest is to call your regular doctor and ask to just speak to him. Usually you can can talk to the doctor on the phone without having to go for a visit. If they don't let you do that maybe you should think about finding another doctor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:05 pm 

If you already had an sonogram done they should have been able to tell then if you were having multiples. My dr. could tell via sonogram a few weeks after I found out I was preg.

Post subject: TO reply
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:00 am 

The 1st 2 times I have went to the Doctor I seen my "regular" doctor and he said that He was sure that it was only one, but the past 2 times I have went to see her "not my normal doctor" one time was to antibotics when I was sick and now this last check-up. But she is the one that said it could be possible, she was going off the babies heart beat and thought that maybe since it was higher that maybe it was bouncing off the other one. When I called the doctor to ask again because I wasn't sure about what she said, one of the nurse's told me that 9 times out of 10 its probably just the fluid and the way the baby is positioned that could be pushing the fluid to make it seem larger. She said that the would monitor the whole thing as my checkups progress. She said the worst thing that could happen is that the would have to induce me 1-2 weeks earlier. But nothing to be worried about as of right now. So i felt kinda better now have hearing that from here, i had asked to see my normal doctor and she said that it a rule of thumb that when a doctor sees you and asks for another tasks to be done, that it would have to be with that doctor, i honestly think that she's a little autistic, seriously, she just nods a lot and makes me do all the talking. I have told the nurses this but they say that i have to see her too because incase my regular doctor is on call then she would be the one that would deliver her. uuuggghhh!!! I just don't see why i can't see him If my insurance is paying for the visits in the first place, frusterated........