Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Now What do I do?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:43 am 

So here it goes. I have never been pregnant before nor have I had the oppurtunity to watch someone close go through pregnancy(all our siblings are much too young). I just found out today that I am pregnant :D . I went to my gyno last December for my physical and told her that we would start trying in Feb (06). She told me that I should start taking Folic Acid vitamins-- which I started taking that same month she told me (Dec 05). I have been taking those regularly but now that I just found out I am pregnant (last period was Feb 6th) I am worried I might have missed a few days of taking Folic Acid. I also don't know what to do from here. Should I be taking any other vitamins right now or should I wait until I see my doctor and ask?? My last period was Feb 6th so if I needed to take other vitamins other than folic acid and I haven't been can it harm my baby?
AFTER BECOMING PREGNANT AT WHAT WEEK DOES MY DOCTOR USUALLY WANT TO SEE ME? I am also worried because I heard most people see implantation bleeding, but I didn't have any. A million things are going through my head right now. I have read in books and articles on the internet that it is best to hold off on telling people until you have gone to the doctor and made sure everything is ok----so that's what my husband and I are going to do. Until then I wanted to ask all of you since this board is so helpful. Thanks for any advice!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:40 pm 

ITS OKAY RELAX YOU SHOULD TRY TO GET TO YOUR DOC WITH IN A MONTH TO CONFRIM YOUR PREGNACY THEN THEY WILL PUT YOU ON PRENATAL VITIMANS MISSING A DAY OR TWO SHOULDNT HARM YOU BABY SOME WOMEN CANT TAKE THEM DURING THERE FIRST TRIMESTER CAUSE OF MORNING SICKNESS I WAS ONE OF THEM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:13 pm 

Give your doctor a call. They may tell you to just keep taking whatever vitamins that you are taking now until your first appointment.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:04 pm 

Thanks for the advice!! We are just so excited.

Last edited by short girl on Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:47 pm 

Hey Short Girl :)

Dont stress :) - you have nothing to worry about at - missing a few pills is not going to matter. Especially when you have been taking them since Dec.
The Doc may put you on further vitamins and then again he may not. My doc says a wholesome diet full of fruit and veg with folic acid tablets is all thats needed to grow a baby - but many women choose to take supplements too -after all it cant hurt!

The implantation bleeding is actually quite rare - not something that most women experience so certainly dont give it another thought :)

All the best for a happy and healthy 9 months!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:18 pm 

I would like to thank everyone for their kind advice. I have made an appointment with my doctor for the end of April :D. Does the doctor usually perform an ultrasound on the first appointment? Also, at what week do we get to find out the sex of the baby? All this waiting is making us anxious :D .

Last edited by short girl on Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:04 am 

Honey if I was you I'd get on the net( you obviously are) and google baby or pregnancy ,there are some great sites out there which can answer your questions,don't get me wrong no one here minds answering your questions I just know what it is like,you want to know everythingNOW!! Congratulations on your pregnancy and best wishes for a happy and healthy 9 months! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:36 am 

Congratulations! And let me echo everyone else...RELAX! There are going to be a lot of questions. My best advice...write them down and take the list with you to your appointment. That way, you won't forget what you were wanting to ask your doc.

Also...babymed.com is a good site for general pregnancy information. There are a ton of books out there too, but don't take any of them TOO seriously. There is so much information out there, that sometimes it can be overload. You don't need to stress about it...just have fun and try to enjoy your pregnancy.

If you want a good book to read...try looking for this one..."Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy: Everything Your Doctor Won't Tell You." The author is Vicki Iovine. I love this one. It is stuff that is good to know, but it is written in a comfortable relaxed manner. It prepared you for everything from being gassy to the delivery.

Good luck...I hope you have a pregnancy as easy and enjoyable as mine was.