Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: oes anyone own a horse?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:03 am 

hi all

i was just wondering if any of you out there are horse owners? how are you coping ??

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:38 pm 

Hi, I am an owner of 3 horses and am already worried about not being able to ride later in my pregnancy. Doc said I can ride until Im 18 weeks. Im 12 now... He says at that time, all the bouncing around isn't good. Well, I don't see any harm in riding my 21 y.o. mare at the walk on trails if the weather and footing are good. I am switching doctors and will find out if that's ok. I rode my 3 y.o. in her first hunter trial at 7 weeks and haven't been on her since. :roll: I am feeling better now so Im ready to ride this weekend.
So how are you coping? What does your doctor say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:08 am 

hi great to here from someone with horses..

im feeling much better now, and would love to ride my horse but her is currently on rest due to a back injury he has another week then i can try and put his saddle on and then 2 weeks after that i can ride him,, but im not sure weather to or not ???

my doctor says not too but i spose they all have different opinons..

how do you feel about managing your horses when babay is here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:19 pm 

I feel that I will manage well... My non-horsey husband has been wonderful helping me when I'm not feeling well. He eagerly feeds for me.. I think he secretly likes horses but won't admit it :roll:
And I have very nice nieghbors that have been a big help for us when we we need them.
I imagine myself hauling my baby around in either a carrier or on my shoulders when I do go out to feed next spring. Getting away to ride trails for a couple hours in the summer wouldn't be a problem but I probably won't be able to compete until next fall or the following year unless hubby comes with...
All my friends and family say I won't have time to do anything I used to anymore after I have kids. I don't think so.

I think you should be fine riding lightly again. Just use common sense and don't put yourself at risk of falling, getting knocked down, kicked, etc. I know when I first got on knowing I was pregnant, I was nervous. But I relaxed and just rode like normal. I'm curious to hear what my new doctors say about it. They probably will say no riding at all. :roll: :roll: