Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Oh what a night!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:20 am 
Lily was up every hour last night! It was horrible she would wake up screaming bloody murder! I am hoping it is just a tooth but Tylenol seemed to do nothing. She was refusing her nap this morning too, I finally got her to sleep so we shall see how long the nap lasts. My poor baby. She has a stuffy nose from being outside with me while my husband mowed the lawn this weekend so I am sure that does not help, plus I think the seperation anxiety is kicking in. She was screaming everytime I left her yesterday, even when she was with my husband and as soon as I returned everything was better. She crawled after me if she was on the ground. Fun fun fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:44 am 

Hayden has really bad separation anxiety when he wakes up from his naps. When my mother in law was watching him he started screaming and looking around for his mommy! It makes me feel bad and special at the same time that only mommy will do sometimes... but it does upset my husband, which isn't good. Ryan doesn't like that Hayden always needs his mommy..

I hope you don't have anymore nights like that... My pediatrician suggested these things called teething tablets (which i haven't used yet) but she said the main ingredient is chamomile.. and it soothes the baby.. which makes them calm down. Have you tried them?

Poor Lily!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:04 am 
She gets Hylands Teething tablets in every bottle when she is teething. I have been using them for awhile :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:25 am 

We like Hyland's too...Jake eats them like candy!
I hop that Lily is okay today! We had a rough night too, Jacob has a cold with a runny nose and cough. When that medicine wears off at 2 in the morning I could just kill those medicine makers! Isn't there any medicine you can give a baby that lasts 8 hours? Jake stays awake for 2 hours (minimum) once the meds wear off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:32 am 
Things are not going to much better today. The nap was pretty much non existant. On the bright side she did eat her breakfast, Bananas and cheerios without a problem. We shall see how the 11:00 nap goes. I don't want to take her to the docs yet because I know what they will say. They will say she just has a cold, which is probably true. She is happy, she is not acting like she has not slept at all. Wish that was the case for me :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:04 pm 

Funny .. must have been the phases of the moon. We had a rough night too, but for a change it was with Hannah. She had a bad dream of some sort (only got minor details .. something about a toy of Mommy's and it was old, not new .. dunno) and woke up crying at about 12:30am. She woke up again at 1:45am and was a bear to settle down. She woke up again at 2:15am but settled herself after a few minutes.

Jackson did okay, though. Who knows with those two anymore?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:08 pm 
LOL! I figure this is what I get for posting on the other thread about Lily's wonderful sleep schedule! She is down for a nap right now. We are on 1 hour and 15 minutes so far. She woke up coughing once and screaming another time, but went back to sleep. Poor thing must be so tired :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:18 pm 

Something is going on. We had a great night last night, slept through 9 1/2 hours, but all last week was HORRIBLE. Friday night he woke up 4 times. I would go in and give him the pacifier and he would fall back asleep right away, but it was still tough to get up that many times Plus, at some point, I would like to not have to use the pacifier. He has cut it down to using it ONLY during naps, not during the day and not to sleep at night, unless he wakes up screaming. I thought maybe he was starting to teeth but I still can't even feel a bump under those gums. I think Steve's right, something is up w/ the moon, ha ha!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:59 pm 

I'm saying nothing I don't want to jinx myself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:04 pm 
Good idea Jenna!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:08 pm 

Good luck tonight guys.
I think I am going to go switch laundry and head to bed. I will post pictures tomorrow after our visit with the easter bunny.
I know this is going to be trouble. We are going to the mall, I will tell my husband just for pictures a $100 later we will be home. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:41 am 
We had only 3 wake-up episodes last night as opposed to every hour but the cough sounds so bad and she sounds like she is loosing her voice so we are going to go to the doctors today. She just wakes up hacking....made me want to cry. It is probably just a cold but I want to be sure :) I will let you know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:01 am 

We only had 1 waking at 2:15. My husband went in to give him the pacifier and a few minutes later I heard him still crying. I went in and my husband had just picked him up. And, of course, he stopped crying. We usually don't do that, but he usually doesn't keep crying once we give him the pacifier so we thought something may be wrong. He gave him to me and his eyes were WIDE awake. I put him back in the crib and let him cry for about 30 seconds and then he was back asleep. I think he just woke up and wanted to play. We played very hard earlier and I think he was having a lot fun. Not at 2 in the am though buddy! ha ha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:13 am 

Well, I jinxed myself. Not bad though. Mikey woke up at 5:30 crying that he needed his doodad (binky). He had it in his mouth and the other one was next to him. I think he was dreaming. Yesterday the new rule was binky's only in bed. He doesn't walk around with them but when he's upset, or hurt, or tired he wants one. Yesterday I told him only in bed. So I think that may have been on his mind. But he laid right back down. I ended up staying up and getting ready. I will call the mall now and see what time the bunny is there. Although Mikey informed me he doesn't feel like going today. Oh boy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:18 am 

That is funny he calls it a doodad, we call it "scuffy." That is b/c the clip thing I bought for it had Scuffy the tugboat on it (you know from the old Golden Book series). We kind of just started calling it scuffy b/c I didn't like "nuk" and Jason didn't like "binky" and pacifier is just too darn long to say, ha ha.