Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:34 pm 

Hi. I am trying to get pregnant but I have problems with cysts on both my ovaries. My doctor says to take birth control but I want to have a child. Any ideas on how I can get pregnant if I keep getting cysts????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:19 pm 

Hi,

Did you mention to your doctor that you wanted to get pregnant??
I know my mom had a fairly large ovarian cyst removed several years
ago and then they gave her a hysterectomy(sp) so that she would not have any more problems with the cysts. She had very heavy bleeding with her periods to the point where she couldn't even go to work those days.
I guess the hormones in the Pill are supposed to shrink the cyst?
I would discuss the fact that you want to get pregnant with your doctor and see what he/she suggests.

Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:23 pm 

I was scheduled to get a cyst removed from my ovary when I found out I was pregnant. I had been on the pill and was having bad pains in my stomach area and they did an ultrasound and saw a quite large cyst. They had done an urine test and it came up negative for pregnancy so they scheduled me for surgery to get the cyst removed. By the pregnancy calendar I go by I was 2 days pregnant when they found out I was pregnant. Anyways, I was in the room waiting to go back for surgery and they had to take my blood to test before I went back. Five minutes before I was suppose to go back for surgery they came in and told me I was pregnant and they couldn't perform the surgery... that if it kept to grow or didn't dissolve then at about 12 weeks they could perform the surgery and remove it without hurting the baby. So maybe you could get surgery done to remove the cysts.... and then try to have a baby. Try talking to your doctor about the fact that you want a baby!! I ask my doctor before we decided on surgery if I would be able to have kids after I had the surgery and he said "yes, it shouldn't cause me not to be able to have a healthy baby when I was ready to." Well, surprise I was pregnant while I was talking to him!! Anyways, just talk to your doctor and see what he/she thinks... GOOD LUCK! :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:37 pm 

I was wondering do you have your periods when you have an ovarian cyst rupture? Because I am going through the same thing right now. Let me know and we can talk.

TTC:11 months

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:13 pm 

Hi I was diagnosed with endometrosis at 23 via a minor surgery (laproscopy) due to large cysts that kept forming on my ovaries. one was the size of a baseball and the other was the size of a plum. fertility was my main concern (as well as the PAINFUL periods i was having). well about three weeks after the operation my husband and i found out i was pregnant!! (we had started trying right away) my point is, get the cysts taken care of based on what your doctor tells you...my situation is proof that happy outcomes are possible :P