Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pain in 9th Month
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:29 pm 

A couple of weeks ago is when I had the problem w/ bleeding after sex and my dr. said it was prob. just that my cervix got irritated. Well, then a friend of mine told me that irritating the cervix can cause the early labor?!?... and I also got told I am marginal for high blood pressure last Thursday. And this week I have just begun week 36 and from 12:30 a.m. to 1:15 a.m. this morning I had bad pains in my lower belly area. It was pain like someone was stabbing (right in the center of my lower belly/pubic area) and like menstrual cramps that felt like they were coming from my hips (which get a numb feeling) to the painful area in the center. It also happened again this morning at like 6:30 a.m. and lasted till like 8:00 a.m. which is when I forced myself to go back to sleep for a little while. When I have these pains I like to just lie in bed curled up as much as I can because they hurt. My hips keep a numb like feeling and the baby moves more and you can see her more when I have those pains. Am I just paranoid???... is this normal??? Please if you have ANY IDEA let me know! Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:56 pm 

You can have cramps from being dehydrated and shooting pain in the pubic area because the baby has turned and his head is down there pushing on nerves or something. I had these last week and I was 37weeks and this is what I was told. I was also told to take it easy-lay up and drink lots of water. The cramps went away but the pain in my pubic area is just increasing. If it gets unbearable I would call or go to the dr. High blood pressure can cause preterm labor. Thank goodness I only have to go 2 more days, it is sooo uncomfortable to walk. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. Also 37weeks is considered full term, but if you had the baby now I'm sure she would do just fine. My first was born at 34weeks and did well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:43 pm 

I would just like to tell you thank you for being a wonderful friend and for always giving me good advice! I am praying you have a wonderful delivery! Good luck! You will be in my prayers! God bless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:48 pm 

It COULD be just braxton hicks, just keep an eye on them if they get stronger or closer together call your doctor. GOOD LUCK :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:06 pm 

Hi,

I had sharp, shooting pains in my 9th month with my pregnancy......felt like someone was sticking a knife up me .......very painful. I was concerned so I asked my doc. and she said it was just the baby moving lower into my pelvic region.

Good luck