Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pain in Stomach
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:09 pm 

[size=18]I am 21 weeks pregnant, and sometimes I feel pains across my lower stomach and sometimes on my right side of my stomach above my pelvic bone. It also gets really tight like there is a knot there. It hurts so bad I feel like I can't move or stand up and get tears sometimes. Is it the baby moving down lower in my abdomen or does anyone have any idea what this is? I mean I feel her kick all the time but I didn't know if she would move down that far. I really have no idea this is my first baby and I don't know this stuff. Thank you for helping me to understand my body better during pregnancy.[/size]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:55 pm 

Right now, I think the most important thing is that you are feeling your baby kick and this will be extremely important once you are in your ninth month....I always remember my obgyn telling me this.
The pain/discomfort you are feeling could be your baby moving down and she is growing therefore all of your organs are getting squished.
In my last trimester, particulary right near the last month I was getting sharp pains in my pelvic region (it felt like someone was sticking a knife right up inside of me)---my doc. said this was normal and that the baby was moving lower.
If you are concerned ask your doc. the next time you go for your checkup
You should make a list of all your concerns and questions so you don't forget and go through each concern with him/her. That's what I used to do.
Good Luck :D

Post subject: re:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:44 am 

My doctor told me that cramping or shooting pains are fairly normal, your ligaments are stretching to accomodate your baby. I carried my daughter very low, and there were days when I felt like my pelvic bone was breaking. Those little boogers can just sit funny sometimes. I agree with the previous post, as long as you are feeling the baby move, there's probably nothing to worry about, just a lot of discomfort. Don't ever worry about not knowing what's going on with your body during your first pregnancy, my friends and family gave me a hard time about freaking out over every little thing, but hey! When you have never felt anything like that before, it's a little scary!
Hang in there, hopefully your baby will move a little higher soon!

K

Post subject: Thank
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:57 pm 

Thank you for helping ease my worries. I appreciate you writing back. I guess I'm just not use to all these new things happening.