Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:57 pm 

I need some advice yall, I will be 2 months Thursday, and for the past week and a half I have been spotting off and on, It is very light and only seems to occur (sorry to be so graphic here) when I wipe, It is very light, and only occasional, I can notice it when i first wake up and go through the day and maybe it will happen again that night, Im not hurting now, I did cramp in the beginning but not major, more of a discomfort and I chalked it up to my body being in shock from the pregnancy.. ha Im 32 and havent had a baby in 11 years so I feel like im having my first all over again. I havent spotted the past 2 days which is a good thing, could this have been normal or my body just flushing itself out from previous menstral. again im only 2 months along.. any advice would be great.. Thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:44 pm 

Hi! I had some spotting early on also which I was told was totally normal. At one point I had some serious pain and bleeding when I used the restroom which was a bladder infection. I waas told that as long as your not having pain or cramping or heavy bleeding (like a menstral cycle) it should be okay. Not to get too personal but I was also told that if you have been sexually active or had a vaginal exam recently that could spark some spotting. However I would call your OB ASAP and let them know what's going on. When I did they just had me come in for a fetal heart rate and ultra sound just to put everyones minds at ease. Any bleeding is scary at this point - so better to be safe than sorry! Good Luck!

Brandy
(40 Weeks Today!)

Post subject: RE
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:23 pm 

Thanks, Im pretty certain everything is ok I just want to hear my baby's heartbeat to ease my own mind.. I should be able to do that in the next couple weeks when I go to the DR,, Thanks again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:07 am 

My mother had a period of some sort when she was pregnat for the first time. I know you said you haven't had a baby in 11 years and it's a little different, but I would say you're okay as long as youre not gushingblood and its not a lot.

I totally understand about wanting to hear the heartbeat. I was so stressed during my 1st tri and actually up until I could feel my baby move because all i did was worry about if she was alive or not. I miscarried our first child so this pregnancy has been more worrying that enjoyment. (execept when she moves.) I wish you the best of luck and please keep us updated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:19 am 

Don't panic just yet! I had spotting (more then it sounds like you had!) for he first half of my pregnancy. I would call your doctor, but it does sound ok to me.