Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: perineal massage
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:25 pm 

I went to the docs today and everything looked great and she said chances are I am going to go early! But anyway..she gave me a thing today about a perineal massage, to help loosen the muscles so I have less of a chance of an episiotomy when I give birth! Now Im sorry but this is completly weird for me. Chris and I tried it earlier he thought it was kinda neat (I bet he did-HAHA) but it really did hurt! Maybe I was just really uncomfortable with the whole idea and couldn't relax...but have anyone else done this or known anyone who has done it? I would like to know the extent of how well it works and if its worth the time or not. :P cause I really don't like it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:12 am 

I tried perrineal massage but could never get into it,what I did do and found worked was Raspberry leaf tea, it worked great the one time I didn't drink it for the last 4 weeks of pregnancy my labour was considerably longer,it is available from health food shops and you don' drink it everyday 10 times a day just once every couple of days should help! Good luck ! :lol: