Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:35 am 

Hey, My name is Tara and i'm painfully pregnant with my first. Do get me wrong I'm so excited after trying for so long it just happened on day. Anyways unlike my sister whos also preg a month further along then me you couldn't even tell she pregnant me on the other hand have been have symtoms one right after another. I've finally conquered morning sickness and constipation and now i've moved on to Migraines when even after i sleep for a couple hours I still wait up with it and its so bad I end up throwing up. My husband is army and we're stationed over here in Germany and of course hes gone for two weeks and I have no way to a store to get atleast tylenol. Do any of you ladies have ANY ideas of how to conquer this freaken symtom??? Thanks in advance for any help!

Tara

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:20 am 

Hi Tara,

Sorry to hear you are having a rough pregnancy. I also had terrible headaches when I was pg with my son. You might want to try a gel-filled eye mask. You can either put it in the microwave for a bit or freeze it. I tried both ways. They are inexpensive and can be picked up at places like Rite-Aid or Walmart, etc. Although they are not a cure-all, they do help ease the discomfort a bit.

Good luck and hope it works!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:07 pm 

hi

i get the headachs too try a heating pad it does me wonders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:32 pm 

Hey,

If you can't get to the store to get the above items, just get a facecloth and run it under really cold water for a minute or two, then lay down and put the cloth over your forehead and eyes.
I had wicked headaches when I was preg. with my son and I didn't even take any Tylenol (I went totally drug free and natural with my preg.) even though my doc. said the Tylenol was ok.
My headaches lasted for about 2 wks. after that time I was fine.
I also had nosebleeds with my pregnancy but overall it was a great pregnancy.
Don't even ask about my labour--that was not so easy for me.

Good luck :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:40 pm 

What helps me is long warm showers as soon as I wake up. Also, eating salty pretzles, chips or something like that helps me too.

Is there some reason hubby can't get the tylenol for you?

I know its horrible but the morning sickness will not go on forever. It will end. Hang in there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 1:07 am 

I get headaches too. I get them almost everyday im 16 weeks pregnant and unfortunatly have not really figured out how to get rid of them either.
On the days that i go to work i take a few tylonol in the morning if its too bad and it seems to help a little. I dont want to take too many so I only take them that once a day. When im not working i pretty much just try to bear it lay down in a niice quit spot if you can and close toyr eyes. I also find that eating sugar and not eating at least a few good meals a day make them worse.
Good Luck!!