Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: PLEASE HELP IM ONLY 16
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:31 am 

I am 16 years old and have been with my fiance for 9 months now and we just recently started having sex. Something happened and I have a feeling im going to be pregnant. I dont know what im going to do .. my mom will kill me i am only 16! im very scared. but abortion is definitly out of the question. Can anyone tell me if my mother has any say over whether i can go through with having a baby?? I dont even know how to tell my mother about this. She asked me a couple months ago about birth control but i said no because at the time i wasnt having sex. Please help. I'd really appreciate it. My next period doesnt come for another 2 weeks so i wont know for sure until then if im actually pregnant. I bought pregnancy tests and Im going to take them as soon as i can. Are there any early signs besides a missed period to know?.. Please help me. Thankyou!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:46 am 

I was 15 when I got pregnant, No your mom cant make you abort it.And some esrly sighns are morning sickness, sore or swollen breasts, things that you usaually enjoy like foods or drinks make you sick.I couldnt stand coke, and I am a coke aholic(coca cola).Also I was very gassy, and moody.Hope this helps.feel free to email me if you want to talk, or need someone to listen.Good Luck.

Post subject: Are You Sure?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:35 pm 

Are you sure my mother doesn't have any say over it? I mean I am only 16 and I still live with her and evrything. Aren't laws and stuff different in different states? Where can I look up that information. That is one of my biggest worries. Thankyou!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:20 pm 

http://www.coolnurse.com/pregnancy.htm try this website.maybe they can tell you what is the law in your state.But I do believe that the law is the same everywhere.This is your child and I know that she has no say so what goes on with your child.Ive been there, and she has no legal right to your child.She is still legally bound to you as you will be to your child,but she isnt to your child, so therefor she shouldnt be able to make you do anything .let me know if i can help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:09 pm 

Thankyou so much. I went to the website and it answered a lot of questions that I had. From what I understand you were right my mother doesnt have a say about whether I go forward with having a baby. Thanks! Please keep in touch. I'll let you know what the test results come back as. When you were pregnant at 15 how did you tell your mother that you were? Please help me with this one. My mom's not that understanding. Thankyou*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:43 am 

My mom wasnt either.I told her that I thought i was, and that I wanted her to go with me to find out.And she didnt.I am the baby of our family and it took a little while for her to get used to the idea.But when I found out the test was positive, I said "mom, I am pregnant and I have no clue how to be,I need you to show me how to take care of myself and be there.She was understanding from that point on.She loves my son .HE is now nine, and the apple of her eye.But honestly all you have to do is tell her.She may go off at first, but put yourself in her place.She is scared for you (her baby), she probaby fears that she will have to support the child as well as take care of it.Teen mothers have a bad reputation.Just let her know that this is YOUR child and you intend on taking complete care of it.Is dad gonna be there? Cause this will play a big role in how your mom reacts.Let her know that you will need her for guidance, but thats all.My sons dad left me the week I found out.Luckily I met a man that loves me and Josh too.We have been married for 4 years now, but I was single up till I met him 6 years ago.And being a single teenage mom is a very long hard road. But it can be done, and young moms in my opinion are better.My mom was 33 when I was born, and too old to get out and play .I on the other hand am only 24 now and he is 9.We play ball swim anything he wants to do I can too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:26 pm 

Yes, I know the most important thing to do is tell my mother. I have to talk to her. Im not going to lie... Im scared! The Dad is definitly going to be there for me and the baby. Thats no question. He's always there and Im lucky to have him. We are both scared. I was a virgin a week ago and now I might be pregnant, I didnt think things could happen so fast. But they did. Thankyou for all of your help. Im not as nervous or as scared as I was before. You helped a lot. Good luck with Josh and your "Love". I hope everythings okay with you all. I'll let you know if the test comes out positive or not. I have a weird feeling that its going to be positive. It seems like people look at me different than before or maybe its just me. But I walked into work the other day and as soon as my boss saw me she goes"you're not pregnant are you?" It was really wierd cause I hadnt said anything about it to her. Okay well I'll keep in touch. *Thankyou so much*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:40 am 

Im glad that you have such a positive attitude.And its really great that the dad will stand beside you.Im sorry it took so long for me to reply,I found out yesterday that my step mom passed away in October of last year.I havent spoken to my Dad for about 2 years, and I went to look at a house across the street from where he lives.The yard was all grown up and the house looked abandoned, so I asked the man that was showing me the house across the street what had happened, and proceeded to tell him that I grew up in that house.HE told me my step mom passed away and my dad was nowhere to be found.So I spent all day yesterday looking for my Dad.I found him about 11:45 PM. And its true , she is gone.Man I swear, Im never loosing contact with anyone again.I will talk to everyone I know everyday if I have to.Cause what hurts the most is I couldnt be found when my dad and her needed me.Anyhow,let me know how the test comes out , and how you are doing. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:43 pm 

It's okay, it really didnt take you long to reply. I am deeply sorry to hear about your stepmom. :cry: I havent talked to my father in about 6 or 7 years. It doesnt bother me much though. He doesnt want anything to do with me. So why bother worrying about him? My moms always there for me when I need her. And to me thats all that counts. Have you been keeping in touch with your Dad? I hope so. I dont like bad news. I have 10 more days until I can take the pregnancy test. Wish me luck! I'll keep you updated.