Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Please help!!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:04 pm 
Hi to all
I am a new member to this forum and i am the prund parent of a 2 year old daughter.
My husband just recently transfered up North with his job for about 6-8months and so I have told my daughter the truth that daddy is on a trip and is working.
The kicker is that i am going to a wedding next week for 4 days and it will be the first time in her life that i have ever left her. She will be staying with my mom and dad who are very active in her life. But i am concerned about when I should tell her i am going and what I should tell her. I am scared to tell her that i am going on a trip because that is where her dad is and she will think i am going for a long time.
Also is there a better time to tell her at 2 years old? Like right before or I leave or start now?
Any advice would be great

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:27 pm 

I think you should bring it up about a week before you go, then again a couple days before you go, then the night before. Tell her the truth. Tell her that you are going to a wedding, and you will only be gone for a few sleeps. That she will be with Grandma and Grandpa, and that she can call you on the phone if she needs to. It's not a huge deal. She needs to get used to the idea that you will not always be around, or you may have some trouble on your hands when it's time to go to school :wink: . I think it will do her a world of good to spend time with other people (as it will do a world of good for you to have a some time to yourself, look pretty, and have a great time at the weeding! As long as you're not worrying the whole time that is :wink: :lol: ). If you make a big deal out of it, then she will think somethings up, and will become upset, and make a big deal out of it. Be as nonchalant about it as you can, making sure though that she knows you love her, and you are coming back soon.

Good luck, and have fun! :D