Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Please help!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:25 pm 

Hi, I have been having some possible symptoms of pregnancy but I am not due for my period until Sunday. I am really wondering if anyone here has had these symptoms and also, if you have any advice on when I could test and what test is the most sensitive.

About two weeks ago, I started having aversions to certain foods, which I normally LOVE including coffee, soda, and pretty much anything sweet. Even the thought of coffee or the smell of it makes me quesy. Also, I had been breaking out a little on my forehead, very abnormal for me. I have had some shooting pains in my breasts, not constant pain or tenderness, but random shooting pains, and starting this morning they feel really weird. All I can say to explain how they feel is really tingly, to the point of discomfort. My nipples starting hurting a little this afternoon, as well. I have had some twingy cramps similar to period cramps, but not as severe or constant. They feel almost like I pulled a muscle or something. I also keep thinking I started my period, because I will feel something "wet" but when I check, it is just a clear/milky discharge with like a lotion consistency. I am also REALLY tired, but I also started a new teaching job recently and am adjusting to getting up early, so that could be why. Also, the really weird thing for me is that for the past 2 months I have had spotting almost everyday and found out that I had a small ovarian cyst on my left ovary. The doctor called it a functioning cyst, and basically it shows that my ovaries are functioning. Well, I have not had one drop of spotting or even brown discharge AT ALL for the past 3 weeks, since my last period. Not one bit at all, and yet for the past 2 months I had it daily, and nothing has changed..Could this mean I am pregnant??

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:01 pm 

My husband and I had been trying for 2 years before it hapened yet every month I would start to expirience pregnancy symptoms because i talked myself into them. I knew what they felt like with my first. Then again on the other hand if this is new to you theres a good chance that you are.

My biggest symptom with my first was the sore breasts and the tiredness. I was in a fencing class at the time and believe me pregnancy and fencing don't mix! please keep us updated! Best of Luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:33 pm 

Thanks for your reply.. This would be my first pregnancy, and I am not currently trying to get pregnant. I just started feeling weird while on vacation and thought it was a viral thing, but it was really when my breasts started to hurt and I started to have some achiness in my lower abdomen that I started to wonder. Now I am completely unsure of what to think, because I have never been pregnant before. Thanks for any advice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:53 pm 

They could just be period signs or pms. I know you said that is not how you usually feel but periods don't always act the same even if you are regular. After I started being sexually active and got married I thought that I was pregnant all the time. I had some symptoms but they just turned out to be part of PMS. I wouldn't worry about it unless you miss your period. If your period doesn't come on the day it is supposed to, take a test (EPT is pretty good). That should calm your fears and let you know one way or the other. I wouldn't worry too much now though unless you miss your period like I said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:11 am 

that sounds like an interesting experiance...im not sure what to think but i have been there in ways. sometimes a women can get symptoms of pregnancy and not be pregnant. i know i have. but....one question, are you on b.c. ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:21 am 

Hey-before i found out i was pregnant the first thing i noticed that was not normal to me was sore breasts and nipples-everyone was saying that it could be because my period was coming but i know i felt different inside-i did'nt feel like i was going to come on my period at all..and for the record everytime i have had my period in the past not once have i EVER had sore breasts-so that started to make me think i was pregnant..and usually i got really really bad period cramping which always started a week before my period was due lasted through my period and ended about a week after my period had finished-i never got these cramps-i got little twinges of them every so often about a day b4 my period was due and then did'nt get them again..and i know it sounds really silly but before i even had the idea that i could even be pregnant i had a dream of gettin a positive pregnancy test (prolly the babys way of telling me-IM HERE MUMMY)lol..Oh and the breaking out thing-i used to always start to get a few spots on my hairline near when my period was due but i never got them at all-but now every so often i get a couple of spots on my forehead(hormones).

Hope this helped(sorry for going on)lol
Luv
~*Sam+Bump*~
26+4 weeks pregnant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:02 am 

Lulu, sorry to hear that you're worried and confused. Can you please give us an update? I would like to know how you made out.
As for me, I am one of those women who over think every single little twinge, zit, cramp, & mood swing.
If you pay too much attention to it all, it will drive you nuts. Try not to do this to yourself.
I have found as I get older, I get more odd syptoms for my on coming cycle.
Remember, unfortunatley PMS and pregnancy symptoms are pretty much the same. Unless you are late, you really wouldn't have any pregnancy symptoms anyway.
I have read amny times on this board how woman didn't really get any classic symptoms until AFTER their period was due.
Rememeber you can't "implant" for at least 9 days after you ovulate anyway.

Please let us all know how this worked out for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:28 am 

Take a test already!!! :D You have symptoms of pregnancy for sure. But the best way to know it take a test! EPT is good. So is Clear Blue Easy. Let us know ok??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:02 pm 

Just checking back in to see if you had any updates Lulu???