Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: please respond
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 3:41 pm 

The doctor sais my cervix is still posterior and 1 cm dilated and still kinda long but 50% efaced,,, they were going to induce me this week but decided to wait saying my cervix isnt ready,, is there anything I can do to get it ready?? lol,,, or do I have to wait on mother nature. UGH!!! He told me to walk what will that do?? please respond ,,, feeling like ill be pregnant forever. Im not due for 3 more weeks. Currently 37 weeks pregnant. Any ideas would be appreciated thank you.

Post subject: Ways to bring on labor.
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 11:09 pm 

Walking, as your doctor suggests, can bring on delivery. One maternity hospital was at the top of ‘induction hill’ so-named because the walk up to the entrance would bring on near term mothers-to-be. Raspberry leaf tea is also said to be a stimulant for labor but like with any inducement, you need to be cautious. If you’re feeling so inclined, the gel that Obs use is an artificial version of a substance that occurs naturally in semen. So ‘regular’ sex or even oral sex gets that substance into your system. If you don’t want to go ‘that far’ nipple stimulation can also help.

Best wishes, I hope everything goes as you hope for.