Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: plzz help me
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:02 am 

hello,everybuddy i m 18yrs old girl still not have any sexual relations,but this days my boyfriend is forcing me to have a sexual relation but i am afraid that if i got pregnanat then how i will tell my family but he is saying that girl become pregnant only if having sex in their periods,plz plz plzzzzzzzzzz help me is he is right?that girls get pregnant only if they have sexual relations in their periods not other time???plz help me-candy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:36 am 

Please don't listen to your boyfriend at all. Normally when you have sex during your period you CAN'T get pregnant.

The only time a woman can get pregnant is during ovulation, which occurs approximately midway between periods. Keep in mind that sperm can live in the woman's body for a few days and that it takes a few days for the egg to decend so there is a range of time every month in which you can get pregnant. Also a woman's period isn't always a predictable thing. Ovulation could occur during your period simply because your cycle is changing. THERE IS NO SAFE TIME TO HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX.

I would encourage both you and your boyfriend to read up on how the reproductive system works. Also start reading up on women's health and how various forms of contraceptives works.

Here are some links that you should probably read through before you even consider giving in to your boyfriend.
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/bc/
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/WOMENSHEALTH/

Know what you're getting yourself into and how to take care of yourself before you do anything. You are the only one responsible for taking care of yourself. Don't trust what any guy tells you, not even your boyfriend. He wasn't even right. Look things up for yourself. Call Planned Parenthood for information. Don't just take the word of a horny teenager. They'll say anything to get laid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:19 am 

Yes...the only time you can't get pregnant is during your period. Every other time is what you have to worry about. You will ovulate about 2 weeks after the first day of your period and that is when you are most likely to get pregnant. I don't want to sound mean but why are you with someone who tries to make you do things that you dont' want to do. It is your body and you decide what goes on. Do not have sex with him. You just said it, you are not ready. Never let someone force you, this is horrible. I personally wanted to save sex and a baby for marriage. If other people choose to have sex before that make sure you are using protection. IF your boyfriend will not use protection, don't have sex with him. You don't know who else he has been with or how many diseases he might have. Some take a while to show up. Sounds like he is definetely experienced and pushy so he has probably done it with other girls. Stay true to what you feel is right and sex is never something to do just because someone wants you to.