Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 8:41 am 
I took an EPT test (error proof my butt..) and it came back positive. This was last night.

I am so frightened, so scared. I want an abortion, because of many reasons.

a) With the advice from friends, they all suggest its the better path (and no, the majority of them are NOT 18, but much older. One just had her first child at age 33 and she said it was the best route)

b) If my parents found out they would kick me out for sure--when they found out my younger sister smoked cigerettes, they threw her out for a week. No offense to people but they are the strictest Catholic parents one could ask for.

c) I can NOT carry full term even if I tried. I am way too unhealthy, seeing that I smoke, drink, was anorexic, and I am way too skinny (weighing in at 100 lbs... at 5'5". According to one website, for a healthy delivery and full term, you have to be at least 115 lbs before conception..probably BS but whatever...)

d) I am way too scared to do anything else- I have COLLEGE to attend to, I have MYSELF to think about, and even though this may sound SELFISH to some people, it really isnt. I am a person too and first and foremost, I need to take into consideration my well being before that of a fetus.

I am sorry if I offended anybody there, but I have very strong viewpoints. My friend Sandy, the 33 year old, explained alot to me last night and made my mind up by her descriptions of birth and pregnancy. I would not be able to handle it. Its not what I can do at my age and at this time. I am NOT emotionally ready for a child and I am NOT emotionally ready for anything of the sort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:39 am 

It sounds like you already knoe what you want to do. Nobody here can give you the right choice. It is all up to you. Being Catholic myself I really do not think that you parents would kick you out, you should give them a chance, (however you know them best)

I too had an abortion when I was 20, my reason were that I was a year away from finishimg school, but my main reason was I was living on my own, I hardly had money to feed myself. At the time that decession was right for me. I have no regrets.

Do what you feel is right

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 4:15 pm 

I agree, whatever your decision, don't look back. Decide and stick with it and don't doubt yourself. Some life lessons are much more difficult than others.