Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:56 pm 
Hi,

New to the board and I'm hoping someone might be able to help. I had a miscarriage back in Sep 05 and it took four months to get my first AF in Jan 06. I've had two periods since and they were irregular...one was 30 days the other 28 days but they would last the normal three days each. My last period was on March 7 so I should have gotten my period today but this past Saturday I had some bleeding. It caught me off guard because it was four days early. It wasn't much bleeding and it didn't last long, only one day. My period didn't come today and I've taken a couple of pregnancy tests the past two days and they both came back negative. I have had the flu the past week also so I don't know if that could have played into the situation. Anyway, does anyone have any idea what might be going on? I want to call the doctor to get some advice but I don't want to go until I absolutely need to. I really want to be pregnant so I'm hoping this might be a good thing. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:01 am 

Your bleeding could certainly be implantation bleeding. Don't get too worried about the negative pregnancy tests, mostly likely you just tested too early. Wait a few days (I know, easier said then done!) then if you still havn't started your period, take another test with you VERY FIRST MORNING URINE. I can't stress how important this is, you want the most concentrated pee possible this early on.

Good luck- I really hope you get your positive test!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:41 pm 
Thank you Suzanne for the advice. No AF today either so hopefully that's good news! I plan to wait another day before doing another test but it's so hard to wait! I've been through three boxes already! How sad is that?! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:19 pm 

Oh please. . .I've been there! :D Let me know how it goes!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:54 pm 
Well, it's been almost a week since I should of had my period and nothing is going on...still! I even went to the doctor's office and they did a blood test and it came back negative. I'm assuming that the flu could have messed up my system and I will eventually get my period. But I am hoping that I am pregnant and it is just taking FOREVER for it to come up with a positive test result. Anyone else have this situation before?

Anyhoo...I'll keep you posted either way. Thanks for listening!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:17 am 

Well, I took five home pregnancy tests, that all came back positive. Then the test at my doctors office was negative. They told me it was because my hormones must be dropping, indicating that I will have a miscarriage.

Well, I am almost 38 weeks pregnant now, so they were wrong!

Anything is possible :)