Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:41 pm 

Heres my Story,

Me & my Partner having been trying for a baby for 4 yrs & in that time we have lost 3 all around 6-10 weeks.

My Dr never gave me any fertility tests. so we just kept on TTC.

anyway.

My last period was on the 22st Nov...and I definately OV on the 4th cos it hurt like hell...LoL

Christmas morning at 1:00am we testet...couldn't wait any longer!
and It was possitive.

Didn't tell anyone even though I was so happy I wanted to scream it to the world.

My family were offereing me alcohol...and I was like oh I'm not drinking I've got a headache...or a hang over.

we went the doctors Monday just gone to confirm the test.

and she made us an appointment for thursday the 6th Jan.

I couldn't keep it in any longer...so we told everyone!! (Wednesday 29th just gone)

On thursday night at 10pm I started to spot it was pink. then in the morning it was red only when I wiped. So we didn't take any chances & went straight to Ormskirk A&E.

after waiting an hr the dr gave me Blood tests, urine tests, blood pressure & temp. all (Normal)

the Dr then performed a pap smear & took a sample of blood from my cervix, she told me I was still pregnant because my cervix was still closed.

She kept me in over night & I had an ultra sound the next morning.

the consultant said that I was still pregnant that it was still in there...I was sooo relieved. he said it was abit small for 6 weeks 0.7mm it said on the screen he said the size looked to him at 5 weeks 1 day.

I go back on tuesday for another ultra sound he said IF the embryo has not grown since then that I'm going to misscarry...but if it has grown there is still a chance.

but last night I started to get clots & there was a clots the size of a maltezer down the toilet. and my Fiance says that, that was it. I cried my heart out all night and all today. but my cervix is still closed... maybe you think I'm crazy but I'm thinking there is still some hope...sounds silly doesn't it?

suppose I'll soon find out on Tuesday. In my mind I know that was it but in my heart I'm praying so much.

I feel so helpless I feel like I'm never going to be a Mummy this would be my 4th misscarriage...My body is useless. I can't even keep my baby in there.

I don't smoke ( I packed in 5 yrs ago)
very rarely drink
don't take caffiene at all cos I'm allergic.
and I eat lots of fruit & veg.

do you think that the is a chance that my Baby is still with me?

thanks for any advice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:38 pm 

I miscarried about 14 years ago. I was clotting and cramping real bad. When I went to the bathroom the toilet was full of it. So I don't know what to tell you. I would keep hope intill you go to the doctor. I wish you luck!

the password to my baby website is 2397891

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:16 am 

I had a miscarriage March '04.I was 11 weeks 4 days when I started "spotting" and my cervix was still closed. At 12 weeks I had bad cramps, and a lot of bleeding. I didn't have clots though, and ended up having a D&C.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:35 am 

It's been 5 days now & I'm still bleeding and cramping.
I know I've misscarried now...this is not like my normal periods.
I just can't get my head around this.
Thanks for your your advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:42 am 

Hi,

Well I definitely know what you're going through because I've just experienced a miscarriage. To me if you are experiencing BAD cramping and passing tissue or clots....I'm sorry to say this but it does sound like a miscarriage. BUT, only your doctor can really tell you what's going on.

You should demand that your doctor does some sort of testing because you have had so many miscarriages. I have read that if you are having repeated miscarriages that if possible you should try to keep some of the tissue that you pass so it can be examined and that hopefully you may get some answeres as to why you keep miscarrying.

I wish you all the luck with this pregnancy and any future pregancies and believe me it has NOTHING to do with anything you are doing wrong. You sound like you are doing everything right.....it may be just something with your body.

Good luck and I will pray for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:26 pm 

I'm sorry about your loss too, I will find out tomorrow at 9:45am if I lost it or not...I will let you all know. Thanks again for your replies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:50 am 

I did lose it,
and they gave us some tests there & then. so atleast there sorting us out now.
the next time I conceive they are putting me on asprin. to thin my blood cos I was clotting my uterus & stopping the blood flow to my womb.
plus other reasons which I'll soon find out on my test results.

they might be giving me injections too called Fragmin.

And they wrote a nasty letter to my Doctor...for not making further investigations on why I've lost 4 misscarriages in total.

" Hope you ALL have a Happy & healthy New Year" God bless you all!!! X

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:07 pm 

I'm really sorry and I know how you are feeling.
At least you are finally getting some answers as to why you keep miscarrying.

Every time I look at my two year old son, I just feel so blessed to have him and I am so thankful that I had a healthy and easy pregnancy with him.
I think we will wait a while before trying to conceive again.

Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:09 am 

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your baby. I misscarried my second baby when I was nearly eight weeks pregnant. For the longest time I thought it was something I had done but know now that it wasnt . Good luck for the future and I hope all works out fine.