Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:10 pm 

that's what they say to do in my moms book let them go naked around the house i'm scared to do that with asutin he might pee all over the house lol bad enough he takes his pants off and wants to leave his diaper on but if doctor phil can train my son in one day being him to my house lol

Post subject: Potty training
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:52 pm 

The peeing I am not too concerned with; it's the poop that scares me. Mikey is such a good eater that he poops like a man. LOL!!
I say we all get together from this message board and send Dr. Phil a letter that his one day method stinks. LOL!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:07 am 

if i could get Austin to understand he is suppose to sit there and do his jobs i'd be good but he sits there for about a minute and he is gone he is 18mos old i start with him about 15mos if anyone has any advice on how to get him started and get him to sit let me know :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:15 am 

See it's funny; Mikey will sit there. He'll sit there for 15 minutes and read a book. And he will tell me peepee comes from my winkie and belongs in the potty and poop comes from my butt and belongs in the potty but he won't do it. And then the second I tell him he can get off the potty and I go grab a diaper; he's peeing on my carpet.
I did read somewhere that 18 months is still a little young to potty train. It said it happens but most kids aren't ready. THey said between 2 to 2 and a half. Some kids as late as three. I can't be changing these diapers until he's 3 in August. I have a 15 week old baby that poops all day long. Between the two of them I feel like that's all I do all day. LOL!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:35 pm 

Good Luck Jenna with the "no diaper" method your husband suggested.... :lol: We have let my son go "diaper free" for a while after his bath and he has just squatted down and peed right on the floor :!: I just don't get it! He knows how to use his potty......he can pee and have bowel movements on his potty, so I just don't understand......kids!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:39 pm 

Thanks Nikki I have a feeling we will need a little luck with that method. Last night I told my husband if he was so certain that method would work then he should have no problem agreeing to do the cleaning if it doesn't. All of a sudden he is teetering. Funny how that worked out. How old is your son? So he's gone on the potty before? Mikey just won't do it. One night I caught him going behind the chair in the corner so I knew he was gonna poop in his diaper. I quick got the potty out and had him sit on it I thought we would get it that time. He held it in. He sat on that potty for 20 minutes holding it in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:59 pm 

My son is 26 months old. I got him to sit on his new potty seat ( the kind that goes on top of the toilet) 3 times today....he did a pee one time and another time a little turd of poo... :lol: But right after lunch I put him on it agian and he screamed and cried and would not sit on it so I let him get off of it. I didn't want to upset him too much.
All I know is I want him out of diapers before the next baby is born !!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:18 pm 

I see our sons are close in age. My son is 27 months old. I got him the little potty to sit on. I thought that may be easier for him. My son does the screaming and crying thing too when he is starting to poop and I try to make him sit on the potty. I take that as a sign he's not ready. My daughter is 15 weeks today and I said the samething I wanted him out of diapers by the time she got here. You can see how well that worked out. LOL!! And the thing that worries me is he can sit in his poop all day. He doesn't even like to be changed. Payton(my daughter) needs to be changed immediatly or she is screaming. I may get her potty trained first. LOL!!! Congratulations by the way on being pregnant. How are you feeling? Is this your second?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:33 pm 

Hi Jenna,

Potty training sure is tough!! My son had two bowel movements today in his diaper so I guess it's going to be on his terms and when he's ready he'll either ask to use his potty or just go.
I initially started Alex on the little potty on the floor and just last week my his great-grandma picked up the potty seat to go on the toilet. It's really portable so we can start bringing it everywher with us to really reinforce the potty training.

Yes, this is will be my second child. For quite some time my husband and I weren't really sure we wanted another one...we kept thinking how tired we were just with one and how would we ever do it with two kids. But lately we also thought about how selfish that was and that it wasn't really fair to Alex. So it sort of just happened.....I was very happy but I admit I'm also a little scared.
I'm feeling pretty good so far, just a little crampy though. No morning sickness yet. I never had it with the first pregnancy.

SO.....how do you manage with a 27 month old and a 15 wk old baby??? It must take some juggling. Does your son get jealous?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:28 pm 

Hey Nikki!!!
It's always on there terms isn't it? LOL!! We should be used to it by now. I thought we had a breakthrough yesterday he told my father he needed to use the potty. He went in there but nothing. But that was the first time he ever said that so I guess we are getting closer. I never bothered to try the one that goes on the potty. I figure the height would bother him. My aunt had bought for her kids some sort of portable potty that has little bags in it for her kids when she's out. So I figured I would try that with Mikey. I have an SUV so he can just sit in the back on the portable one whenever the urge hits him. LOL!!
I was crampy with my first baby. Only sometimes with the second. The doctor told me to drink more water everytime I had cramps. It did help.
The idea of two kids is overwhelming but honestly it's not half as bad as you think it will be. Remember you are a pro now. We had actually tried for the kids to be closer together in age but it takes me a little while to get pregnant. We got lucky cause my son is so easy. He's very easy going and he's a great sleeper. During the day his nap is about two hours but they have been known to get to four and a half hours. He's in bed at 8 at night and up at 7:30. In the morning when I take my shower I will tell him to sit on the couch downstairs when I get out of the shower he's in the exact same spot. So we are very spoiled. He was even content as a baby. Up every two hours he would nurse I would change him and we would both be back sleeping within an hour. But I can already tell you my daughter is not going to be easy at all. We had always said we would have three to four children expecially after Mikey. But the way Payton is going we are having second thoughts on a third. LOL!! It's fun though. She stirs things up a bit. She's not a good sleeper for me although she is getting better. THis week we moved her out of the bassinet in my room into the crib in her room. The first few days she had a rough time of it. Last night she was the best. We also noticed this week she does not like when other people hold her. THat's including my parents and brother and sister in law. Which we were very surprised by cause they are always around. She does this scared sounding scream everytime someone else holds her. Stops as soon as I take her back. And we also noticed it other people's houses she's not as content and won't let me put her down for a second. Hopefully this is something she will grow out of. My son didn't show any jealousy at all. He loves to hold her and this week she started cereal so he gets to help me feed her. With me nursing he hadn't been able to do that. I must say it is hard nursing with the two kids. My daughter would love to nurse for 45 minutes. Of course during that time Mikey needs me to change a channel or he needs something to drink. He waits until I am done but because I nurse pretty much every two hours I feel like he spends most of his day waiting for me to finish. You'll notice how different your kids will be and how you will be able to adapt to both of there needs. You'll also see you will require less sleep then you thought you did. I remember when I had Mikey I would nap when he napped now I don't get that luxury but found out I really don't need it. But if anyone offers you help TAKE IT!!! LOL!! YOu'll find a routine that will work for the three of you. It took us a few weeks but every week it gets easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:54 pm 

:roll:
I was reading in an article about potty training boys and it said for you to start at age 2. Boys running around in the nude is one dangerous idea... why dont you try the little rubber pants that are easy for him to pull down... my son just turned 2 last week and uses the big potty all of the time but saves little spurts for the diaper... most boys learn by example is what the dr told me... with my first son... not too much example so it will just have to come with time. Everything else is learned by your child as regular routine... have patients and take hime to the potty VERY often.[color=blue][/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:42 pm 

My son was two in August and it's still not happening. Now when I ask him if he wants to sit on the potty he yells nooooooo at me. I got him the pull down pants; the one where he can feel when he's wet. They are cloth on the inside and diaper on the outside. It didn't matter he still went in the and was more then happy to sit in it. Must be a boy thing. My daughter in four months old and she cried every time her diaper is just wet. And not wet from being on a while wet from just going once. She hates it. I told me husband I may get her potty trained first. Hahahaha. He goes in the bathroom with my husband and I. My poor husband everytime he goes in and Mikey follows I knock on the door to tell him to sit so Mikey can see daddy sitting on the potty.