Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: pregnancy blues...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:07 am 

hey all, i was just wondering how common it is to feel really down during pregnancy. Im 18 weeks and although im thrilled to be having a baby, i cant stop worrying about EVERYTHING! Only its not just a little worry but full blown stress... Does this last the whole pregnancy? I know it sounds daft and im sorry for whinging but i just need reassurance, thanx. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:24 pm 

I had the same thing! I was so worried because I am 18, me and my husband were married 4-23 because we had to change our wedding because it was planned for 6-26 and I didn't want to be huge, I was still in high school (my senior year), and we are still trying to turn my parents' basement into an apartment because we don't have credit to get a house. All these things have kept me more depressed than I've been excited... but when I would start to feel really bad.. I would talk to my husband and he would reassure me of how everything is going to be great and we are going to have a wonderful sweet baby girl to hold in just a little while! And then if that still didn't help I would get her ultrasounds out and think of how wonderful she will be, take a walk (with my mom) so we could talk and she would also reassure me putting me in a better mood, also it helps to just go to the baby department at a store and look at how little and cute everything is and think about how it is so little and depends on you for everything--love, support, food, LIFE. Think of all the GREAT things when you get to feeling sad/ depressed and think about how you are blessed... so many people can't have babies and you're lucky enough to have one to call you "Mommy"! Good luck!! KEEP SMILIN'! These months go by so fast!! ENJOY THEM!

Post subject: thanx
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:29 am 

Hey, thanks for your advice, I know it'll be worthwhile, i just have to wait till january to feel it! Im only 20 and lost my job because I told them I was pregnant so could lose my house soon. Im trying to sue my employers for lost earnings, it just makes u feel so bad! Ihope it all works out for you and you have a great birth, do u have any names yet? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:37 am 

hi i felt like that when i had my first baby now im on the 3rd i dont worry as much.

Im sorry to hear about u losing ur job but is that not illegal to do that i thought they had to keep u on.

Where i work we just hired a girl who is 6 months pregrant.

I would get in contacted with a lawyer and sue them thats so not fair.

Post subject: sue sue sue
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:14 pm 

So glad your taking action against your employer thats discrimination. Thats why we have laws to protect us. What a-holes. Best of Luck

kerri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:39 pm 

hi, dont worry bout feeling down , its all down to hormones, every mother to be goes thru stages of worrying, sumdays i have good days , sum bad, i jst blame the hormones and think about the good parts, if ur feelin down lie down and feel ur baby kick and it makes u remember its all worth while . take care and dont worry too much x