Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pregnancy, please help!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:00 pm 
I'm not sure if anyone here would be able to help me, but I'm really stressing out and need some information. I'm twenty-one years old and am engaged to a man the same age, it's been six days since we last had intercourse and though we use condoms we're unsure if the one we used 'worked properly'. It's too early for me to take a pregnancy test and I've done all the research I can on early signs of pregnancy. I'm having slight 'spotting' but I should be having a normal period starting yesterday. I feel tired and am having cramps (I have never had cramps or pain associated with my normal period) and some smells have been making me nauseous (like fried food). I'm unsure whether or not this could be pregnancy because I am under a great deal of stress lately because we're trying to move on a nonexistant budget. I know all of these symptoms can be caused by stress, but my major concern is if I AM pregnant. I know I cannot currently support a child financialy, but I'm more worried that I can't support one physically. I'm only 80lbs and have very small hips/waist. I'm very fine boned and tiny and I'm upset that I may have no choice but to have an abortion. Is there anything I can do to ensure my health and the child's if I truely am pregnant??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:03 am 

Hello!

I am sorry to hear that you are really stressed out. Have you talked to your dr. before about becoming pregnant?? Since you said you are only 80lbs. and you would probably have more concerns then others would, I would maybe give your clinic a call and ask them from their advice. You also have the option to just call and make a apt. to have a pregnancy test done. You can always too just take a at home pregnancy test now, just keeping in mind that they are not 100% accurate. If you want to be 100% I would just call your clinic and have them do the test. I would also suggest that if you are not pregnant, talk to your dr. about your options, concerns or anything concering a future pregnancy. I have a friend who is only 90 lbs and she has a beautiful baby boy. She was pretty big but she managed to carry full term, she would have had him vaginally but they had to do a c-section because his heart rate droped. I also have a friend who is 130lbs, and had to have a c-section because she is really narrow around the pelvic area. So just because your tiny, doesn't mean you can't enjoy pregnancy! Hope all works out for you!!

Keep us all posted!!!

Oh, Just continue to eat healthy and maybe pick up some pre-natal pills if you want to. Even if you think your pregnant and your not, it can't hurt to take actions to ensure that you and your baby are healthy!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:49 pm 
Thank you for the reply! I have never seen a doctor about pregnancy options because I never planned on having a child...there is a long history of cancer in my family and I didn't want to pass that on to a baby, not to mention I'm not very good with children. The soonest I can take a pregnancy test is Tuesday and I guess I'll find out then...if I am I have alot to talk to a doctor about! :)
I would most likely have a c-section in any event, I just hope that the child would be able to go full-term without any complications. Thank you for the info and I'll keep you posted!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:33 pm 

Just to mention again, even if you are not pregnant I would suggest talking about maybe getting on birth control if pregnancy would cause too many complications with you or the baby. I hope all turns out for the best!!! Best Wishes!!

-Melanie

P.S. You would be surprised if you ever have a child how much they change your way of thinking. You said you weren't that good with kids, it changed when they are your own! :0)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:04 pm 

HiI I'm also 21 and got married in April (marriage is great, don't listen to the ones who say it's not)! :D About the pregnancy thing, if you had sex 6 days ago, I highly doubt that it would show up on a pregnancy test this soon. But you could always try! A blood test shows up sooner and is more accurate though. Also, about your weight; if your body is able to become pregnant in the first place, thats a sign that your body is able to support a baby. Now I'm not saying it would be easy. Your doctor would give you a special diet and want you to gain more weight than the average pregnant woman. And you may have a period of bed rest also. Debra Messing from the show "Will and Grace" was very very thin when she got pregnant. She listened to her doctors, rested and gained the weight she needed to and had a healthy baby boy! There is no way you would be forced to have an abortion. No doctor can make that choice for you. Let us know how it goes ok? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:15 pm 
Well, I took a test and it turned up negative, but everyone I've talked to says it's too early to trust the results, so I'll keep testing and waiting. I'll let you guys know as soon as I know!