Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pregnant after vasectomy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:00 am 

Hi. My name is Celeste. I am pregnant with baby #7 due in August. My husband had a vasectomy early last year. We took precautions for nearly 5 months and he was cleared by the Dr. Then, when we thought that it was safe, I got pg again. Has this happened to anyone else? I will be 32 years old this year. I had my first when I was 16. That year I also married the man who was the baby's dad and am still married to him. We thought 6 was enough. I think that after this one I am getting a tubal. Thanks for listening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:21 am 

Yeah you can very well get pregnant with a vasectomey. It probally will be best to get your tubes tied also. It might just be a blessing. They say when you get pregnant that way that it is a blessing. It probally is meant for you two to have a big family. I am glad for you. I wish you safe and happy pregancy. Are your kids happy?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:48 am 

wigginsceleste wrote:
Hi. My name is Celeste. I am pregnant with baby #7 due in August. My husband had a vasectomy early last year. We took precautions for nearly 5 months and he was cleared by the Dr. Then, when we thought that it was safe, I got pg again. Has this happened to anyone else? I will be 32 years old this year. I had my first when I was 16. That year I also married the man who was the baby's dad and am still married to him. We thought 6 was enough. I think that after this one I am getting a tubal. Thanks for listening.

I would say it was meant to be. Your post kind of scared me though, as my DH was going to get a vasectomy after 2 kids, and now well.. I am scared it wont be effective enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:19 am 

OY<> thats not funny!!!! My childrens dad was going to get one after this baby is born too !! oh man now I have another worry ...lol Oh well whats meant to be will be!!!
Congrats!!! That baby is deffinatly a gift!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:27 am 

Hey, has your Husband gone to a different doctor or just go to a doctor that knows a little something about vasectomy and have a doctor take a second look to make sure the procedure was done right. My mom had already had four girls (which two were a set of twins) and told my dad to go get what I like to call his man hood chopped off! :D So he went and was cleared from the doctors but my parents still waited a year or so to even have sex and when they finally did BOOM and thats how my little brother happened. :D It turned out that the doctor was STUPIED and had actually messed up on MANY others (HAHA and was in the process of being suied I do believe) and my dad had to have the procedure done a second time, though he wasn't happy AT ALL about it, but that time it was done right. (this is sad) but if i have my moms age right my mom was about 30 or so when she had my little brother, and my brother came out fine and my mom had a good pregnancy.