Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:32 pm 

I have had Polycystic Ovarian Disease for at least 4 years now. If fact I can usually go 6-8 months without a period unless I am given a shot or take Provera to force one. I do not ovulate at all.....but amazingly I am pregnant. :shock: (About 7 weeks) My boyfriend and I were completely shocked at the news but both happy. Right now we are trying to conentrate on my health and the babies before we get too excited. We have not told anyone and want to wait until I get through my first OB appt. and am told I am okay. I have to go see my primary care physician wed. to confirm it and get a referral to an OB. Sooo that means I might not get to see my OB for a few more weeks UGH UGH! If there is anyone who has PCOS and has been here I could use all the suggestions you have. I am scared I will do something that will make me lose the baby. I eat very healthy and acutally workout 6 days a week two of which I am with a personal trainer but I am taking it easy until I see my doctor and only doing stretches for now.
Any advice would be a blessing. :D
THANKS!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:17 pm 

Hello my fellow PCOS-ite!! Yes, I have it too!! My doctor said (and I quote) "I don't even think you ovulate!" I thought "Well then I sure don't need birth control." This was late January 04'. On February 15 04' I found out I was pregnant. I guess I ovulated!!! :) I want to encourage you so much because I had a WONDERFUL pregnancy and I have the most beautiful and healthy baby boy!!!!! Please please please don't fret!! PCOS is the #1 cause of infertility in woman, not a cause of miscarriages!! It's hard for our bodies to get pregnant in the first place, but once we do get pregnant, the chances of us losing the baby are only slighty higher and that is ONLY if we don't get treated (your doctor will know how to take care of you and your baby to reduce that chance). So, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! We are truly blessed by God to be able to conceive (without trying!) when we have this disease!! Many woman try all through their fertile years with no luck. I would love to talk to you and would be happy to answer any questions you have!! My son is the light of my life and I don't know what I did before him. You're in for an incredible time!! Take care and keep us posted!! Oh and also, since you're already 7 weeks, you're over halfway to the "Safety mark" of 12 weeks (when your chance of miscarriage dramatically drops). So relax, enjoy this time, and start thinking of baby names!!!!