Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pregnant?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:00 pm 

I am new to Baby place and i was just not finding everything i needed online. I am concerned that i may be pregnant. I am 18 years old with some quite irregular periods: ranging from 22 to 32 days apart. I have been sexually active with my boyfriend on new years eve and new years day. only 3 days after was i spotting red, then dark brown then a little pink then nothing. I feel really gaseous all the time, i have all kinds of weird pains by my belly button and on my sides, i go to the bathroom a lot to only urinate a little bit, i mean three times in one hour. I feel nauseas and vomit comes up to my throat sometimes. I lay around all the time. I get this discharge where it feels as if i started my period but when i check, its nothing but white i guess, the toilet paper is white. I get headaches. Today is the 11th which makes it 24 days after the first day of my last period. Am i pregnant? Is it too soon to take a pregnancy test?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:35 pm 

Were you and your boyfriend having unprotected sex? If so then you may be pregnant. Buy a test, and take it with your very first morning pee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:58 pm 

Good suggestion Suzanne,sounds like an implantation bleed to me :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:41 pm 

Ok, we aren't doctors, and even if we were, we wouldn't be able to tell if you were pregnant online. The earliest you can get pregnancy symptoms is a week after conceiving If you were experiencing cramping from pregnancy, it wouldn't be by your belly button, it would be lower, in your uterus. NOW it's obviously been just over a week since new years, so the nausea and fatigue could be signs that you're pregnant. If you said that your cycle is sometimes as long as 32 days then I'd wait untill after 32 days to worry. You could take a test now, but if it's negative I'd wait another week or so and take another one just to be sure. Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:17 pm 

Thanks so much for the replies. No it was not protected sex. Some of my pains are near my belly button and some are where my hairline is. But i think i should stop worrying but i have never felt like this before. I have 8 days left before i could have a period if i go with the 32 days apart. so i will worry then. Its hard not to think about it when i have so many symptoms. Thanks so much again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:52 pm 

Some of your symptoms sound like a UTI (urinary tract infection) you should probably go to the doctor and get it checked out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:10 am 

If you don't use protection, then plan on getting pregnant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:55 pm 

i took an early pregnancy test today and it was negative. The test said try again in a week if it is negative so i will do that. I dont know if it was a good brand or not. Any suggestions on accurate pregnancy tests?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:04 pm 

ok to "get the most" out of a pregnancy test you must:

-wait untill after your period was due to test.
-use your first morning urine or wait at least 4 hours from your last urination before testing.

remember:

-False negatives are WAY more common than false positives so if it's positive, chances are it's accurate.
-if you test negative but still haven't got your period and it's overdue, and you did use your first morning's urine, wait a week and test again. If you still test negative and still haven't gotten your period, go see your doctor for a blood test.

Good luck!

Post subject: Still negative
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:01 pm 

I took another pregnancy test this morning about 2am. The test was first response which says you can test as early as 4 days before your missed period. The test was negative and i am feeling really discouraged right now. I am starting to think that feeling bloated, nauseas, pains and odd feelings in my abdomen, frequent urination, the spotting i had a while back, the loss of appitite, the headaches and late period are some signs of something else. I am hoping that this isnt something serious. I plan to wait it off and take another test in maybe a week or so and if it is negative i need to see a doctor. I did research missed periods and they said that if you miss a period for two or more months then worry so i dont know. Thanks for everyones help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:21 pm 

Let us know what happens!! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:22 pm 

It's now March and I was wondering what the outcome was. I hope all is good for you.