Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm 

Hey guys. I am the mommy of one 5 year old (conceived on BCP's) and am now trying for another. My cyles were nuts so the OB put me on Prometrium to regulate my cycle. Well... The first two were 37 and 34 days and the last four have been 21 days, with the bleeding starting halfway through the 14 day stretch of pills. I'm supposed to take them for days 14-28 and then have a period. The periods are coming early and not really normal. I used to have about a five to six day cycle with the second day being really heavy and red and then slowly tapering. Now, it just starts as brown spotting, goes a day of med flow with brown/red color and then tapers. i tried to skip the pills for a month and I started on day 20 that month. I don't know if anyone else has experience with Prometrium or just advice on what I should do about these crazy periods. I thought i had a positive on my OPK on Sunday and even had a day of BBT spike but it's back down now. I have only been trying 4 months really really so I feel bad about whining to the Dr. already. Any help would be great!!!
Thanks!
Becky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:39 pm 

Whine away as far as I am concerned 4 months is alooong time when you want a baby! we're all here for your support! this is my first month using an opk so I dont really know what to do but am hopefull it will help. Lots of luck

Tracey

Post subject: dr. appt
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:13 am 

Ok, I called the nurse yesterday and she said it sounded like the prometrium had just put me on a 21 day cycle and then I told her about having a positive OPK on day 18 and she was a little confused, said maybe I was just ovulating late. So she said I should go ahead and come in and talk to the DR. I have an appointment in a week and a half. I'm just crazy this time around because my first baby was a total accident and I was on a pill. How can it be so hard for me this time around!!
Thanks for the support. It's nice to have a place to vent!
Becky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:03 pm 

Oh thats so great that you are going to see the Doc :) - a 21 day cycle with positive OPK on day 18 means you only have a 3 day leutal phase making it extremely difficult for you fall pregnant with there not being time enough for the egg to implant before AF arrives.

I hope the Doc sorts it out and you have that BFP before you know it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:31 pm 

Cool , let us know how you go at the doc's , hopefully what ever it is can be easily worked through and we look forward to hearing about a bub on the way!! p.s. I fell with 3 of mine on the pill

Post subject: Promtrin
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:34 pm 

Okay i pcos and my gyno but me on promtrian at night and everything was perfact It put me on a 28 day cycle also check out www.conceptionstore.com they have a free ovelation calander it seems to be right on the dot. I developed pcos from be on the depo and that also affected my suger so now i have type two diebetes which also caused me not to be albe to lose weight just keep gaing. PCOS= polycystic ovarian syndrome. Ask you doc about these things many women have it and dont know it and very few docs check for. i dont mean o be rude but are you 20 ponds over weight that can have a factor after taking birth control weight gain

Post subject: Good News!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:17 am 

I found out over Thanksgiving that I am finally Pregnant!! I ovulated around Halloween but then had a 3 day spotting type period right after so I'm not sure how many weeks along they'll put me... In any case, they took me off Prometrium and put me on Prochieve 8% for the first 12 weeks. It is an intravaginal suppository that I use each night. The dr. said it would keep the lining built up so I could sustain the baby. BUT - I"m a nut for reading all the inserts and it says it causes birth defects and its for people with abnormal period lengths, etc. I'm not sure why I'm on it but right now I'm trusting the dr. It also has contraindications for epileptics since it causes fluid retention. So I have a call in to my neurologist for that. I've been on meds for a year for seizures but it was a one time thing. Now I'm just freaked out about everything! Should I, shouldn't I, etc. Anyone else had experience with Progesterone supplements in pregnancy??

THanks for all the help!!
B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:51 pm 

Congratulations :lol: :lol: I don't knpw anything about the progesterone but have a good friend who is epeleptic and who took her meds all through and let me tell you that baby is a o.k. . once a gain congratulations :D