Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: question about numbness
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:19 pm 
i dont know if anyof you have had surgery in the form of a cecerean before... or if any of you would know, or know of someone who would know.. but um..

i have a bikini cut... and my belly above it.. i would call it ithe "pooch" (as jenna and krissi so kindly call it) i cant feel anything, like its numb... does anyone know when this is going to not be numb anymore? will it be like this forever? it feel creepy and weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:55 pm 

I had a c section too and well, my "pooch" isn't numb but the area where the scar is (the bikini cut) is still a bit numb. It is a very strange feeling. And sometimes it itches too. I think it must be healing. I can't wait for it to go away... isn't motherhood fun, ha ha ha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:59 pm 
i sadly didnt get mine from a c section, i had surgery this past friday and they did the same cut as a c section. it is so creepy to touch it and not feel anything. i hate the cut, it feel weird as hell!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:28 pm 

My incision is numb & the area around it is (semi-numb) VERY weird feeling. With my first it had been 2yrs., then I had a repeat c-section. All the people I've talked to said theirs are still numb/weird feeling and some have been 6+yrs ago. When I went to my dr. visits with my 2nd I would still kinda squirm when they wiped the gel off my belly. I also would get sharp twinges around the area, not so much anymore but occasionally. I was told I could have this forever. And it hurts/is sensitive if one of my kids kicks/hits/sits/stands in the wrong place. It was awful at first but got better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:23 am 
ugh, i am not looking forward to this recovery and the icky numbness

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:02 am 

Sounds like it is normal but when you go for a check up I would mention it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:05 am 

Yeah, I get those sharp twinges every now and then too. They really knock you off your feet. I thought I was done w/ the sudden twinges (Braxton Hicks) after I had the baby... man oh man, he is lucky he is so darn cute!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:35 am 
ok one more question bout the incision.. how soon after did u sleep on your belly? i woke up tonight on m belly and it scared the crap out of me, and it hurt to try and get uo.. i ended u sliding over to the side of the bed and letting my lower half slide out and get my feet on the floor, then standing up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:47 am 

Um, well, I was in the hospital for 3 days, and in a hospital bed. Then, once I got home my milk came in and given that I wasn't nursing, my breasts were REALLY engorged for like 3-4 days and there was NO WAY I was sleeping on those, ha ha ha. So, at least a week. But, I don't really sleep on stomach, so I am not sure when I really did it, maybe not for awhile. I sleep on my side usually. I don't think it is a problem though unless you are uncomfortable. I wouldn't worry if you wake up and you are on your stomach. Do you have stiches? I never got stiches. I had staples while I was in the hospital and then on the 3rd day when I left, they cut them and just put on steri-strips. So I am sure it was fine to sleep on my stomach once they took the staples out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:55 am 
my doc gave me dissolvable stitches... i gueess i was scared cuz i didnt know if being on my belly would cause any damage, but i got up this morning, and was around without any pain meds, so i think ill be ok :)
thank u for replying :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:07 am 

I don't see why you couldn't sleep on your belly. I had surgery years ago and I was allowed to

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:50 pm 
i discovered tonight that there is a bruise across my belly.. i know it sounds dumb, but is that normal too since i was sliced open? oh and i was gonna let u all kno, if u are in fact curious to see what the cyst looked like, i have a pic, if u want it, PM me with an email addy and ill send to u.. or i can post it here, just dont want anyone to get offended.. so let me know :):)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:39 pm 

Glad to hear your op. went well.
I had numbness and a strange feeling for maybe the first year but now I have total feeling above the incision area and right on the incision but I had an operation for a hernia about 7 years ago and I still have some numbness around the incision area and just below and this inicision is just to the right of my c-sec incision.
So you may always have a some numbness, but you may not...you'll just have to wait and see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:49 am 

I had a very small bruise my 2nd time & the nurse said that they prob had to pull that side back a bit more or something. I can't remember. I had a friend who had a bad bruise & her husband said it was kind of a rough delivery. The baby was breech so I don't know if that contribute.