Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:17 pm 
I am 37 weeks... and the other night, i got this killer back pain, from the bottom of my neck, to right above my butt.. it was so painful there was nothing i could do to alleviate it, and the pain was wrapping around to my belly, it made me sick to my stomach like i was gonna puke, my belly was really hard and the only thing that helped at all was i layed down on my back and cried myself to sleep...

is this normal? or could this possibly be like back labor? ive been having regular contractoions since monday as well..

any advice is greatly appreciated.. thanks
Melisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:21 pm 

I don't know what to tell you because I have never had back labor. Have you tried talking to your doctor? Or either if I was you I would call labor and delivery at the hospital.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:44 pm 

That sounds like what my doctor described to me as labour: Pain in your lower back wrapping around your sides to the front of you belly. If I were you I'd call my doctor right away and see what she says.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:18 pm 

hope you've called your doc and all is well with you. if you're concerned and the pain's persistant, please go in and get yourself examined, even if you have to fight your doctor tooth and nail. some things you've said concern me due to the experience of 'a friend of a friend' who was also thirty-seven weeks. i'm not trying to alarm you or cause you undue stress, and as such, won't relate her experience unless somebody asks.

what you've described kind of reminds me of my experience with back labor, which was the most agonizing and intense pain i've ever felt (and lasted wayyy too long!#!).

for me, HEAT was the one thing that seemed to make it bearable - take hot showers with the water beating on your back, or soak in your tub if it's an option, or try a heating pad (i was so desperate for a heating pad that i had hubby tear open the emergency kit we store in the van, haha). back to tubs, if yours is a decent size, make it your best friend -- the water and warmth will alleviate some of the pressure and the pain, especially if you're lucky enough to have a large one where you can assume different positions, like on your hands and knees (which i hear works wonders). also, laying in bed and elevating your hips might help (have them and your lower back slanting down and towards you). the nurses at the hospital suggested leaning over a bed, putting hands flat on the mattress and rocking/swaying the hips and walking too, but neither option really worked for me.

whatever the case, good luck to you and i hope you get some relief!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:51 pm 
well this is my first pregnancy, and all advice and stories are welcome lol.. if u dont mind me asking, what was your friend of a friends story? i was just curious so i could have some idea and see if anything relates..

thank you for your reply, the hot shower worked really well, although i ended up on my knees cuz the pain was too unbearable to stand up for any length of time.

thanks again.. Melisa