Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Question
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:51 pm 

This is my first post here, I am just worrying myself sick and I thought someone could help.
I have a VERY regular cycle, I run 29 days, ovulate day 15 start 14 days later. Day 29 was last Thursday and still no AF. I took a generic brand test yesterday mid afternoon and got a BFN. But, the test line was also faint. Today my BBs have started to swell and are sore. This typically occurs a week to a week and a half before AF shows. Taking a preggo test 3 days after my AF was late makes it unlikely that its a false negative, right? I am trying SO hard not to get excited. Dh and I have been trying for a LONG time to conceive, we had bad news on his SA last Fall, and I dont need to get excited now, just to be let down. So honest answers are welcome, its unlikely right?
Thanks!
Randi

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:56 pm 

Wow, I just read how nasty responses are to people asking questions like mine. I guess I came to wrong place. No need to reply, I wont be returning to this forum.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:35 am 
Site Admin

I'd like all of you to know that I personally wrote Randi an e-mail apologizing for what she saw today. I moderate this board once a day.

So Randi, if you do choose to come back, please accept the groups apologies.

J.T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:46 pm 

Oh my goodness what is going on here that people are afraid to post. This is just awful. Why are people being so easily bothered? We should be there for one another. And if you have experince or knowledge in something shouldn't you be happy someone else with less knowledge is coming to you for answers? I went through infertility. I went through two deliveries and now I have two children. Are we all so busy we can't respond to someone at our leisure on a message baord? If we are that busy then what are we doing on the board? I am usually on the parenting board and I have asked a million questions and always have gotten a nice, respectful response from someone who has been where I am. Does that take any time out of my day????? I'll admit I will read the baord and see a subject that makes me shake my head. Know what I do???? I just don't read it. I am shocked what I am reading here tonight and will just stick with the parenting board. Cause in there are a bunch of fun loving woman and men who don't judge my questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:24 pm 

If there is a line no matter how faint then it is probably positive. With my 2nd I tested before my period was late and I barely saw a line and the directions say no matter how light or dark the line is if there is one there at all then its positive so I went to get a blood test that day and it was positive. Since it was faint I would get a blood test done so you'll know for sure. It's hard not to get excited and I wish you luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:21 am 

Hello ladies

Hi Randi.

I was going to welcome you to the board. I do hope you come back for I am sure there are lots of lovely ladies here who would really like to share their experiences and help you in any way they can.

I am not sure what you mean by the test line? Did the test have two windows in it i.e. one for the test line to prove the test has worked and then another window which should have a line it in if you had conceived??

I too would have thought that testing 3 days late for af would have showed a positive result if you had conceived. However, try taking a
another test or a different brand test. You never know, if your urine was diluted cause it was mid day urine then it might not have shown the hcg levels, or, is it possible that you could have ovulated late and therefore it is too soon to shown hcg?

The last thing I want to do is build your hopes up Randi but all of us (well especially me) do like to hear what others think and feel. I have been listening to ladies now for 22 months but am not pregnant but it is good to get some feedback and make friends along the way. One of these months it will happen for both of us and it just might be your month now!

Good luck and if it turns out that you are not pregnant then we will all be here to help each other through the next cycle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:40 am 
I hope you come back Randi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:59 am 

We aren't mean, I promise!