Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rolling over in crib?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:33 pm 

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've been on here but if you can PLEASE give me some advice. Tameka had begun to sleep through the night unless she would wake up for about 3 oz. ... then would fall back asleep.... anyways... she has begun to roll over and sleep on her stomach.. That was okay till now she wakes up about every hour or so because she has rolled over in her bed.... sleeping on her stomach doesn't bother her but she rolls and moves till she wakes herself up, is sideways in her bed with an arm or leg through the holes in the railing, or is basically opposite than the way I layed her down. (Like her feet towards the top of the bed and head towards the bottom of her crib. Is there anything I can do to keep her the correct way in her crib?? She is only 6 months... a very active 6 month old and very smart. Also she is a big girl... she is 28 inches long and right at 22 lbs. Does this have anything to do with it? Nothing has changed in her room... so I don't know what to do!! PLEASE HELP!!! I feel like she is a newborn again because I have to get up with her and let her lay on me or rock her till she goes back to sleep.

Also, she is now I guess at a stage??? that she will not let me leave her sight without squalling! I have never left her and she will not let anyone hold her except her nana. (My mother) She won't even let her daddy hold her for more than like five minutes... and I can't leave the room... no one has ever hurt her or anything... but she doesn't want anyone to bother her or hold her except me and her nana.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:01 pm 
There is not much you can do but let her roll. Lily is all over the place all the time and she eventually calms herself down and gets comfy. I am a "let her cry it out" girl especially since Lily is 5 months now. I know her "I'm hurt Cry" and if I hear that I will come running otherwise I leave her be and in less than 5 minutes she is back to sleep. Lily has also slept with music on since she was born, the same thing every night, so she associates that with sleeping so sometimes if I do heare her fuss I will crawl in there and turn the music on without letting her see me (because if she sees me its all over) and that usually works because she knows it is sleepy time music. We also stpped the middle of the night feeding at around 3 months so she sleeps straight through the night. That is my only suggestion is to let her "work it out on her own". Some parents don't want to do that and I respect that because it is thier decision but I don't really see anyway for you yourself to be able to physically stop her from rolling around. Sorry for rambling :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:40 pm 

Krissimace is right. At that age, there's not a thing you can do. Just listen to make sure the kid is not in pain somehow, and let her figure it out. We went through this with my daughter. Every time she had a new skill (crawling, pulling up, walking) it ended up being sleep problem. I wish now that we HAD let her figure it out. Instead, I would go in there and try to get her to lay down and go to sleep .. and usually had to go in three or four times each time to get that to happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:29 am 
kendra, i can sympathize with you, my little 2 month old scoots from one end to the other...the only problem is that she gets her head jammed up in the corner, or against the side, or the other night, she had her head against the side, and her feet stuck UNDER the bumper pad! lol its been hectic. i hope it all gets better, i know im in for a world of hell when she starts rolling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:32 am 

I had this thing for the kids that may help. LEt me see if I can find a link for it.
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000 ... ZZZZZZ.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:34 am 
lol, i have a positioner, i cant use the one with the pillow cuz kenzi wont sleep on hre back.. i tried the positioner, she get away.. hopefully it will work 4 kendra:):):):):)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:27 pm 

Kendra, my 6 month old is now starting to cry everytime I leave the room also...She will not let anyone but me hold her when she is even a little bit sleepy. Daddy cannot put her to sleep she will scream so much that she stops breathing until I come in the room. The other night I thought that if we just let him cry a little then he would settle for daddy......nope. He just kept on screaming and not breathing. That is not healthy. Does anyone have any suggestions on this stage?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:43 pm 
The Link Queen strikes again!!! A little info on seperation anxiety.....

http://www.keepkidshealthy.com/infant/i ... xiety.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:00 pm 

If this is another Dr. Spock thing where I read I will just have to live with this I will freak. LOL!!
Actually she did great allllllll day yesterday with my parents. I guess it's just when I am around

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:18 pm 

Thank you all so very much! I just now had time to get on here to check the replies. I will be sure to try them... I feel like I have a newborn again and I am just about ready to try anything. Will that padded thingy work and keep her from rolling even though she is 22 pounds? Or does it just squish... anyone know? THANK YOU!