Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: SCARED--advice please
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:34 pm 

Hello everyone. I am currently 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Two days ago I started bleeding ( it seemed like a light period) The blood usually dripped into the toilet when I went to the restroom--and it looks like a lot. (I filled a panty liner in 1 day) however it usually stays up inside until I wipe. I went to the doctor two days ago and they sent me home saying that I wasn't far enough along to do anything. They told me there wasn't anything they could do for me at this time. I woke up this morning and I am still bleeding (and again it drips into the toilet when I go to the bathroom and it usually stays up inside until I wipe) I am still on my first panty liner for today. I am really scared that I might be miscarrying. I didn't have any symptoms of pregnancy before and for that reason I don't know if I am still pregnant. Has anyone else had this problem?? I just don't understand why I am bleeding. What could it be because I am 5 weeks and 3 days along. It s realllllllyyyy making me scared.
Any info please?? Has anyone else bled during week 5 and if so how much? Also I have heard that some people usually get bleeding during around the time their period was due. If I am irregular could this be what it might be? My periods usually come every 26-39 days. Thanks for any info on this because it is really making me worried. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:42 am 

Did you take a pregnancy test? Or did you go to the doctor to see if you were pregnant? If you are pergnant. More than likely you are miscarrying. If a fetus comes out then you did have a misscarriage. If not then you were just having a period. Call your ob and see if you can talk to him or her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:36 am 

Don't worry about not having an symptoms of being pregnant, you are SO early in your pregnancy that you may not feel anything yet.

Call your doctor and ask to have your HCG levels checked via a blood test. Then you should hve it re-checked in 48 hours. A continuing pregnancy should double in HCG in 48 hours. If your's is not doubling, or is going down, then you can assume you are misscarying. If you are having a misscarriage, at this early in the game, all it will be is like a period (although not necesarily a regular period)

Don't loose hope just yet, but do call your doctor for a blood test!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:55 pm 

I agree with Suzanne call the doctor and ask for a hcg test to check your levels. Are you still bleeding?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:55 am 

Any news?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:58 pm 

Tifa I did take a pregnancy test and it came back positive.So then I went to my doctor last week and she had me do the hcg blood test. She called me and told me that my hcg levels went down and that since I was still bleeding that I miscarried. As of right now I am no longer bleeding but I did bleed for a week. I am just so frustrated. We want a baby sooo bad and this was going to be our first. This miscarriage thing is so hard to deal with. I was only 5 weeks along but it was our baby and I still cry about it. My doctor wants me to come in next week and talk about things. I hope my doctor doesn't want me to wait a few months. We want to start trying again now, but we decided to go to the doctor first and see what she wants us to do. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:13 pm 

Oh, I am SO sorry :( You should go back to the doctor to be sure that everything fine now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:48 pm 

I am sorry for what happend. U need to see the doctor and check if everything inside is all right.

Dont grieve, everything happening is for a purpose. Soon u can have another baby. I know many women had miscarriage with their first baby but then they had healthy pregnancy and delivered healthy and pretty babies. So dont worry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:24 pm 

I am sorry that you miscarried. I know how it feels. THree years ago I misscarried. I was a senior in high school. And when I first found out that I was pregnant, I thought that I was going to have a miscarriage again. But My due date is June 6th. And everything seems fine. It was hard for me to go thriugh with this pregnancy. But I did it. And talk to your doctor about trying again. Maybe she will want to run some tests. That year that I had my miscarriage, I joined the army. THat was the best thing I ever did. Because I met my husband and he has been so supportive the last few weeks. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:30 pm 
short girl wrote:
Tifa I did take a pregnancy test and it came back positive.So then I went to my doctor last week and she had me do the hcg blood test. She called me and told me that my hcg levels went down and that since I was still bleeding that I miscarried. As of right now I am no longer bleeding but I did bleed for a week. I am just so frustrated. We want a baby sooo bad and this was going to be our first. This miscarriage thing is so hard to deal with. I was only 5 weeks along but it was our baby and I still cry about it. My doctor wants me to come in next week and talk about things. I hope my doctor doesn't want me to wait a few months. We want to start trying again now, but we decided to go to the doctor first and see what she wants us to do. :cry:

Don't worry hun, I feel your pain. I had a miscarriage last year at 3 months pregnant and it was the worst thing i've ever experience physically and emotionally. I still feel it to this day. It helped me to know that many women go through it and that it was my body's way of getting rid of a embryo that wasn't forming right. Don't worry. Everything happens for a reason hun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:48 am 

Jenan wrote:
Dont grieve, everything happening is for a purpose. Soon u can have another baby. I know many women had miscarriage with their first baby but then they had healthy pregnancy and delivered healthy and pretty babies. So dont worry.

Having had a m/c this offends me SOOOOOOOOOOO much. Just cause you can have another doesn't mean the 1st doesn't matter. I went on to have a son but I do still think about the 1st baby!