Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sciatic nerve
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:26 pm 

Has anyone else had problems with their sciatic nerve? About 6 weeks ago mine started hurting, but not too bad, just if I was in the wrong position sitting or something. But now it hurts a lot of the time. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this and if they had any suggestions on what I can do to ease the pain. I was reading online that this is common in pregnancy and it's because of where the uterus is sitting as it grows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:06 am 

Mine was horrible with both my pregnancies. The only suggestion I have would be to not stand for long periods. I think mine hurt the most when I cleaned house, especially sweeping the floor. The further along I became the worse it got until I had my kids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:30 am 

My husband is a Chiropractor. He has helped me tremendously with my back pain, which has become more and more frequent. He sees many pregnant patients and their #1 complaint is sciata/ low back pain.
I have also had relief from warm baths and low set heating pads.
Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:08 pm 

Thanks for your replies. I'll take all the help I can get. I still have 5 more months of this pain...sigh...but I know the second I see that cute little baby I'll know it was all worth it. Only 18 more days until my ultrasound!!! I met a woman last night who is due 2 days before me and will find out next week. I'm so jealous! :oops: Thanks again for your help! If anyone else has suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:03 am 

Use heating pads and try to put your feet up and recline as much as possible. Oh I don't know if you should do this without talking to your doctor first BUT Mine gave me a few exercises to do and one that worked really well was laying on the floor with your legs (feet to your knees) on a chair and your hips slightly elevated. feel free to use pillows too. but I warn you It may hurt during and when you try to get up so have someone help you but after it feels SO MUCH BETTER!! I'm not good at explaining things so here is a "picture" of what your body should look like in this position:
...... _
O__l

I hope you can see it lol! the o is your head! I had to put the periods there or else it wouldn't work! Anyway good luck with your back pain! I've personally had TERRIBLE back pain throughout my pregnancy, a big cause of that is one of my hips is slightly higher making one of my legs shorter and it really screwes up my back!! :roll: Well Happy New Year!!!