Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:59 pm 

Yeah, I definitely let him get messy when we are at home. I just strip him down to his diaper before I put him in the highchair and let him make a mess.

Tonight, Justin was so adorable. Not only did he hold my hand and help me put the spoon in his mouth, but he also helped me scoop the carrots and then the applesauce out of the bowl and then he would put it in his mouth. I let go of the spoon to try and let him do it himself, and he chewed on the spoon for a long time and then tried to put it in the bowl... it was adorable!

I am so proud that he is becomming so independent but I have to admit, I am a bit sad as well. I cannot believe he will be 1/2 way to a year old on Sunday. I know it is so cliche, but it goes SOOO FAST! I can't believe he isn't a little baby anymore. But, he is a lot of fun now. He has such a personality and is quite the babbler. But he has always been. We had to move him out of our room and into his own crib at 5 weeks because we weren't getting any sleep b/c he babbled in his sleep! I guess he takes after his mama with the gabbing, ha ha. His new thing is squealing really loud. He loves the noises he makes!

As for teeth, he has had all of the symptoms for the past 2 months. He drools like crazy and chomps down hard on anything he can get his hands on. But, I feel around those gums of his and not 1 bump. We go to the docs next Wed. for his 6 month visit, maybe I will ask her about it. Although, he is not uncomfortable at all, and I have to say I love the toothless grins, so, I can wait!

Thanks for everyone's help. I am definitely going to try and give him some of those fruit puffs... just have to get to the store to buy them (like there is time!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:53 am 

Oh the poor baby. That sounds painful. How is she doing?
Defiantly cherish everything cause it goes so fast. I was shocked when people started to ask me if Mikey is starting preschool next year. I was thinking to myself what are they thinking he's not old enough he's a baby. But technically my baby is old enough next year. But I am being selfish and decided to keep him home until he's .................................................4..................0. Yes, 40.
How did she sleep last night?
I always love when the kids get messy. My husband gets a little freaky. I tell him relax amazingly kids are washable. Like on Valentine's day I made cupcakes and let Mikey frost and decorate them. I think he had sprinkles everywhere. But he had a ball. He just ate the top of four cupcakes. Which was the icing only. LOL!! In the plate were four little bottoms. Daddy having a sweet tooth iced those babies right up again and popped them in his mouth. LOL!!
Speaking of spoons my little payton has figured out if mommy is holding the plastic spoon and PAyton bends the top the food will fly off the spoon. Fabulous I couldn't be prouder as I am wiping applesause off the walls.
I must say I wish at 6 months Payton was a little independant. She's not at all. She won't entertained herself, or try feeding herself. She's giving me a run for my money.
6 months not a baby any more???? Justin's mom; he will always be a baby. And I still consider my 2 year old a baby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:18 am 

Oh no, he is definitely a baby (and will always be my baby)... I just meant that I can't believe he isn't as tiny as he once was. At his 4 month appt. he was 17 lbs 12 ounces and 27 inches long (95% for both). I can't even imagine how big he is now (I guess I will find out next week) I just never thought I would have to move him out of the infant car seat at 6 months, ha ha.

And don't worry about the independent thing. While I am proud of him for trying to help so much, it makes me so sad to know that he isn't dependent on me for EVERYTHING anymore, and it is only gonna get worse (I dread that day when he says "oh mom" when I try and kiss him, ha ha ha). So, just cherish every moment that you have do things for her... because the independent days are all too near!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:46 am 

Well if it helps Mikey is going to be three and still loves my kisses

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:43 pm 

Yeah, that is a big help! I don't think I will every be able to stop snuggling and giving my little guy kisses. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:08 pm 
her belly button is doing 100 % better... no draining, the stuff that isnt supposed to be there is drying up just like her cord stump did. it doesnt appear to hurt her, i can touch it and clean it off during her bath and it dont even phase her. she didnt even make a fuss when the doc did the silver nitrate. She did awesome as far as sleeping last night. went to bed at 10:30.. up at 2 for food, down at 3:30 to sleep, then woke up at 7:30, bright eyed and bushy tailed, i tried to feed her because ive found that if i catch her for a feeding before she gets too fussy, she has a much better day, but this morning, i tried and she refused, and she spent about 30-45 minutes smiling and making noises and me and her gramma and grampa:):) it was a good morning :):)

do you think that the little girls will enjoy cuddles and kisses for longer than boys? i couldnt think of not cuddling and kissin mykenzi.. lol.!!!!!

Melisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:35 am 

Hmm not sure on the kisses Melissa. Payton is 6 months and she still likes them so I can give you that. I will post as soon as she stops................although I will probably be posting from a funny farm cause I will be devestated.
Not sure about her stump but I know with both my kids I wasn't supposed to get it wet. So there was no baths until it fell off. I just used alcohol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:42 am 
the hospital people told me to not use alcohal.. they told me to use soap and water around it, which made no sense to me because the alcohal dries it up which seems logical, but the soap and water would have had a healing effect! maybe thats why she had the thing on there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:50 am 
I have never heard of just using soap and water. Guess every hospital is different. At least it is fine now. My hospital never told me what to do and ofcourse it got infected and they also did the sliver nitrate on Lily's belly button at her 2 week visit. It was all better after that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:53 pm 

Soap and water? I never heard that before. Wow I guess all hospitals are different

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:11 pm 

Okay, so I have tried a few things. I tried those dissolvable fruit puff thingies, and he almost started choking. Well, first, I put a few on his high chair tray and he picked up a bunch and tried to put them all in his mouth! So, I took them away (which he wasn't happy about) and just gave him one. But, I don't think he got it because when he put it in his mouth he made a face and then acted like he was choking (but I could still see it on the tip of his tounge, so I knew he was fine). I think he just needs a bit more time.

I did give him one of those biter biscuits and what a hit! I gave it to him while my husband and I ate dinner and he sat there staring at daddy and chewing on the biscuit just like daddy was doing with his chicken. It was adorable. So, I think I will stick with those for now. Plus, he still tries to help me feed him his cereal and fruits and veggies, which I don't mind. We go to the docs on Wed. for his 6 month visit (I can't wait to see how big he his) so I thought I would ask her some more questions about what he can/can't eat and how many solids he should be eating a day right now. He has about 28-30 ounces of formula and only gets solids twice a day. I am not sure if this is right.

Thank you to everyone who gave advice. It was a big help! Oh, and I posted some new pics of Justin when we went to Disney on my website. http://home.comcast.net/~jenelm/wsb/htm ... html-.html Check them out if you get a sec. He had a ball! We went with another couple and their son who will be a year old on Sunday. I am surprised at how much the boys enjoyed themselves given how young they are. And I have a ton of pics to look back on! Thanks again, Jenel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:32 pm 
krissi~~ how long after the silver nitrate did it take for it to come completely off? it has now been one week, and it is pretty much dried up, but it is just hanging there, like it is still connected with fresh skin at the bottom, im not sure if it is normal or if i should take her back to the doc.. i dont want it to get infected...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:11 pm 

I bought those puffed things too. I still broke them in half. Payton tries to use her tongue to get them off her tray. She did drink from her cup last night for the first time. She picked it up and after a few tries got it into her mouth. I forgot those bisquit things. I will have to pick them up. Payton goes for her 6 month visit on the 28th. Hopefully they will peirce her ears then too. Last month when we went to the doctor she was 13 pounds. She looks like she is much longer now but same weight. We will see. She's getting fed twice a day too. She's nursed so not sure how much she is drinking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:19 pm 
5 months old and 13 pounds?!!! i REALLY do have a chunk... mykenzi is well on her way to 12 pounds of not there already! wow!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:24 pm 

Now I know my son is huge. He was 17 pounds 12 ounces at 4 months! But he was also 27 inches long. Wed. is the 6 month visit... we'll see how big he's gotten (I have a feeling he's gonna be out of the infant car seat!)