Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:27 pm 
Melisa,
They took Lily's belly button off that day with the silver nitrate so there was nothing left. Her belly button looks perfectly normal now too :) Lily is a big chunk also, 4 months and 18.5 lbs (that was when I weighed her last week) and she is only 24 inches so I have a short fat girl. I know it will be okay and she will even out though when she starts moving more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:32 pm 

Actually she's six months old already. It sure went fast. Actually I have new pictures I am going to try to scan tonight.
I don't know how long payton is. She was born at 20 inches. She seems to be growing longer by the week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:54 pm 

About growing out of the infant carseats, I couldn't believe I had to get a big seat for my ds already. I too found out at his 6mo. check-up he was to long for his. My dd was around a year before she was to long for hers. He was 19lbs and 26 1/2in at 6mos. He's slowed down on his weight gain. He only has 4lbs to go to catch up with my dd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:56 pm 

With my son my doctor had said not to go by weight but by age. He told me to leave him as long as I could

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:58 pm 
Okay back on the self feeding/dissolving foods, I have discovered the wonderful wagon wheels! They are great. Lily has been trying to chew her 1st foods so I wanted to give her something to chew and hold but everything seemed to small and a friend told me to get the dissolving wagon wheels. They are GREAT!!!! They are big so they can't chole on them AND they dissolve so by the time a big piece has broken off it is dissolving. Those of you starting self feeding try them!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:20 pm 

I saw them but haven't tried them yet! Now I will definitely have to try them out. Justin is doing absolutely great with the biter biscuits. They too are big enough for him to handle and feed himself (which he loves) and by the time a piece finally breaks off, it is mushy enough that I don't have to worry about him choking. It is great! He didn't do well with the fruit puffs but I wonder how he would do with the wagon wheels!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:27 pm 
I tried those and my strong girl kept breaking peices off in her mouth way before they were mushy so we had to stop those, so like I said my friend told me about the wagon wheels and they are just great! Lily went to town on them and when she did get a peice off it was so mushy I did not have to worry. I ordered some of those food basket things but they have not come yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:28 pm 
[quote="Krissimace"]I tried those and my strong girl kept breaking peices off in her mouth way before they were mushy so we had to stop those, so like I said my friend told me about the wagon wheels and they are just great! Lily went to town on them and when she did get a peice off it was so mushy I did not have to worry. They are big too, I was suprised I was expecting small little pieces that I would not be able to give her but they are great! They come in fruit and veggie. I know the fruit is apple (thats what I have) but I am not sure what the veggie is.I ordered some of those food basket things but they have not come yet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:46 pm 

I used to give Mikey the wagon wheels. He loved them. I should try payton on them. Oh a little tip on the net things. I put the fruit in and then I bite first. This way when they get it in there mouth they taste some of the juice and then they will keep sucking and biting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:55 pm 
Thanks for the tip! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:40 am 

jenna103 wrote:
With my son my doctor had said not to go by weight but by age. He told me to leave him as long as I could

I'm not sure if you are referring to which way they are facing or by the seats or maybe you weren't even talking about my post. My ds is still rear facing but in a convertable seat now because he is now to long & heavy for the infant carrier seat. The infant carrier seats have weight and length limits-usually 20lbs and 26in but children under 1yr should still be rear facing even if they have had to move up to a convertable seat. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:35 am 

Yeah, that is what my doc just told me. No more infant seat but still rear facing. But, I'll tell you what. They need to come up with a better system for these carseats, i.e. infant carriers that last longer. Because it is pretty rare that a baby makes it to their first b-day only being 20 lbs and 26 in. As it stands, you have to buy 3 car seats per kid (6 if you have 2 cars like us), an infant seat, a carseat, and a booster seat. I tried to combine them and save costs, by only getting an infant seat and then a convertible carseat/booster seat but I don't think my carseat/booster seat goes rear facing. So, I have to buy 6 anyway because of the size of my son.... ugh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:53 am 

I'm sorry I dodn't mean to confuse you. I meant rear facing. Mikey was so long that his legs were up the back of the seat, but the doctor said leave him