Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Senior in High School
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:19 pm 

Are there any other teenage moms to be that are still in high school out there? I don't know what to do. I'm due in March and it is my senior year of high school. How long should I go to school for? Do you think I can go until Christmas break? I really want to graduate so I can get a good job to pay for my baby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:36 pm 

I am not a mom in high school but you can at least go to school until Christmas. You will only be 6 months then. You can probably go until february or even your due date depending on if you have a healthy, low-risk pregnancy. I totally encourage you to keep school a priority and graduate and get a job like you want. You can do it. It will be a lot harder with a newborn but that child deserves a good life!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:14 pm 

Hey!!

I am a senior in high school too!!! :D I have a 7 month old beautiful baby girl named Emily!! If you ever want to talk about ANYTHING I am more then happy to talk to you! My email is EJB2804@yahoo.com

If you write me a email I can let you know about how my schedule goes, what I did for school, and how I managed a job-homework my boyfriend and everything inbetween!!

Being a teen mom isn't the worst thing in the world. I love it. I have grown so much as a person because of it.

Either give me a email, send me a private message through this site or post some questions for me and I will be sure to answer all of them!!

Congratulations and Happy Pregnancy!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:30 am 

Hi I am 27 now but I was pregnant with my first my senior year. You can go all the way intill you go into labor. Because I know you do not want to get behind and graduate on time. It will be hard but it will be worth it. Good Luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:35 am 

Thank you so much. I think I will go to school as long as possible. Hopefully the pregnancy will go well and I can stay in school right up until March. Then I will only have a couple of months to make up. Do you know if my employer would have a problem with me being pregnant? I work at Taco Bell after school and I hope I can keep that job as long as possible so I can save some money for my baby. Also, when is the earliest I could put my baby in a daycare center? I need to get a good, steady job after the baby comes but I don't want to leave my baby with strangers all the time. Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:03 pm 

Babies usually have to be at least 6 weeks old before they're accepted at any kind of daycare. Your job shouldn't be a concern. There are laws that protect preg. women.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:02 pm 

Hey sweetheart! First of all, I would like to point out that I was also a senior in high school when I found out I was pregnant. I had to go the first six months of my pregnancy to school (then I graduated!!)--- even with EXTREME morning sickness! My best friend was also pregnant our senior year! She and I both took different routes. I stayed in school and she quit! Let me tell you--- GRADUATE!!!--- it gives you something to be very proud of, something great to tell your child, and it also is something your child can be proud of! My best friend regrets not graduating and is having to go to an alternate high school and finish her senior year in the year of '05 instead of with our class '04! Normally, you will have a baby between 38-42 weeks, by then you should be almost finished with your senior year.... only a few months left! And usually the school will give you a couple of weeks off/ month (?) it usually depends on if you have a vaginal or a c-section. You should be fine at Christmas time! Also, I got married while I was still in high school! I got married in April and I graduated in May. It is a little different going to school being married because I had a different last name and it was hard getting used to it :lol: but everything was the same... I was married and pregnant at my senior prom! We still had a great time and I did everything I wanted to my senior year--- I LIVED IT TO THE FULLEST and didn't let pregnancy nor marriage get in my way! I just did everything with my husband! Anyways.... if you need anyone to talk to just e-mail me! Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:08 pm 

Whew! I have just finished my first week back in high school and I am exhausted. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to handle this later on in my pregnancy when I am more tired. But I am committed to sticking it out as long as possible for my baby's sake. Thank you for all of your support. I will keep you updated on any decisions I make regarding school and the baby. Also, exactly how big will I be at 6 months? I am getting married in December and am not sure if it will be a good idea to wear a wedding dress. Are there maternity wedding dresses out there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:37 pm 

Hey!!!

I am sorry that your first week of school has made you exhausted, every ones pregnancy is different. I felt fine through out my whole pregnancy, some people just feel like crap through out the whole thing. Just hang in there!!! It's all worth it in the end! Oh I found some sites that have maternity wedding dresses if you are interested. I would wait until about a month before your wedding date before you order it, you will be surprise on how much weight it is possible to gain in such a short amount of time. The dresses are pretty reasonably priced too, and they are adorable!!! I plan on posting them for the whole board too!!! Happy Shopping! Write back and let me know how you are doing!!!

http://nicolematernity.com/shop_frame.c ... %20wedding%

http://www.tk-designs.com/maternity/sap ... ernity.htm

I will look for more sites in the future!!!

Good Luck!!!

-Melanie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:39 pm 

Wow thanks! Seeing all those beautiful dresses gives me hope for being a beautiful bride. I really like the halter top one from the first site. I'm looking into buying that one. My grandparents said they would buy my dress for me so money is not an issue. Thank goodness. I will definitely recommend those site to some of my pregnant to-be-married friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:30 pm 

Hey! I just wanted to say I'm feeling a lot less tired. I feel like I can take on anything now. Hopefully I'll feel this good throughout my entire pregnancy. I just wanted to keep you girls updated. And in a few weeks I have an appointment and I'll find out the sex of my baby. :D Yeah!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:26 pm 

hi, im 18 and at college, 19 in nov, im 8 month pregnant at the moment and still workin as hard as i can at college to finish off my 2nd year, im feeling great, although its very tiring im prooving to people im not goin to slack jst because im having a baby, my mams lookin after the baby while i finish off the rest of my year which is such a great help then im goin to a local uni next sept ,so it shows that u can still do education and hav a baby at the same time, if ur really determind u can do anything u like
sarah x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:43 pm 

Hello. I was a senior in high school when I was pregnant. I actually used to get on here first bock and post, but that was the old board, it was about 1 year and a half ago lol. Anyway, I graduated when I was five months pregnant. :) I say go until you have the baby, and then although you won't be able to go back right away, I am sure they would let you do your school work at home. You can do this girl! It is great you want to graduate instead of using a baby as an excuse to drop out. Good luck!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:44 pm 

Hello!!! I was 16 when I got pregnant with my first. I was just ending my Sophomore year in high school. I did go back and finished. I delivered during my Junior year. I was let out of school the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy and given 6 weeks after the baby was born. During this time the school set me up with a home school tutor so I didn't get behind in my school work. Check with your school and see if they have anything for teen moms. We had a special class we were required to take if we were expecting. This was the most helpful class. Really gave some good tips on parenting and time management. You can do it!!!!! You will feel so much better about yourself. It's not the easiest thing in the world but if you put your mind to it you will do fine. If you have any more questions please feel free to email me anytime!! nicole_0812@yahoo.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:04 pm 

While I wasn't pregnant with my son in High School I know a girl that was. If you have a healthy pregnancy you can go right up to the delivery date. Also get together with your teachers ahead of time or your school principal and make a plan to get your school work at home so you can keep up with your class and graduate on time.
You should feel proud that you are willing to keep your baby and have made a decision to have a good life for you and your child.